Default Western Approaches Falmouth

Does anyone know if Western Approaches, a boat builder is still in business or if taken over.

Default Re: Western Approaches Falmouth

I’m not familiar with the company although I live and sail in the Falmouth area. The late Ian Anderson had a company of that name in Dartmouth, could that be it?

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    I’m not familiar with the company although I live and sail in the Falmouth area. The late Ian Anderson had a company of that name in Dartmouth, could that be it?
    It was after I had posted I realised the Falmouth mentioned is Massachusetts USA!
    There could well be a connection, the yard built Freedom yachts, a possible link wouldn't be unusual, they may have built under licence, that's pure speculation but I would love to know. The yard was Western Approaches, which to be frank has more links to Falmouth than the possible USA one.
    Your very kind thank you for your reply, I will see if the Dartmouth connection has value.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    I have just read an article about Ian Anderson in PBO which doesn't mention
    anything about Freedom 35's being built at the yard.
    Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom35 View Post
    It was after I had posted I realised the Falmouth mentioned is Massachusetts USA!
    There could well be a connection, the yard built Freedom yachts, a possible link wouldn't be unusual, they may have built under licence, that's pure speculation but I would love to know. The yard was Western Approaches, which to be frank has more links to Falmouth than the possible USA one.
    Your very kind thank you for your reply, I will see if the Dartmouth connection has value.
    As a passing point, they did (?) build some Freedom's at Falmouth, well strictly Penryn around 1990, remember discussing switch panel supply.

Brian

Brian
    Kddpowercentre VASR charge

Thatís very interesting do you know if they are still around.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom35 View Post
    Thatís very interesting do you know if they are still around.
    They have gone many a year, I think we supplied them a couple of panels and they went bump, If I remember they were making the single masted model. Rustler took over the building and not that much later went bust. The building is now a pile of rubble, if you Google Screwfix Penryn, it was 50 yards up the road on the right, behind Cygnus Marine, also gone.

Sorry to be no more help.

Brian
    Kddpowercentre VASR charge