Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: 2020 season mooring

Depending on your starting point , it may be worth considering Walton on the Naze. Not too far from the station with plenty of cabs available. Sheltered deep water moorings .

Also, nice and close to the wind and sea. When I was there a few used to come down from London by rail. You could even keep an old bike padlocked.
    Last edited by LONG_KEELER; 14-10-19 at 08:23.
    It is never too late to have a happy childhood. Buy a boat.

East coast UK. Mostly. Sometimes the Philippines

This isn’t an easy question to answer.

Before I had a car, I kept two successive boats at Walton on Naze and then at Woodbridge; both lovely places. Walton station is an easy walk to the WFYC, where you can keep a dinghy, and in the case of Woodbridge, the station is right next to the hard and you can keep a dinghy on Eversons’ pontoon or on the Deben YC pontoon. But in both cases allow a mile of dinghy to get to the deep water moorings.

Orwell YC is much nearer its moorings, but it’s a fair step from the station.

I have no experience of Debbage’s, so I can’t comment. But nearest the station.

photodog is offline Lord High Commander of Upper Broughton and Gunthorpe

How about a mooring at Harwich??

Quote Originally Posted by Kukri View Post
    This isnít an easy question to answer.

Before I had a car, I kept two successive boats at Walton on Naze and then at Woodbridge; both lovely places. Walton station is an easy walk to the WFYC, where you can keep a dinghy, and in the case of Woodbridge, the station is right next to the hard and you can keep a dinghy on Eversonsí pontoon or on the Deben YC pontoon. But in both cases allow a mile of dinghy to get to the deep water moorings.

Orwell YC is much nearer its moorings, but itís a fair step from the station.

I have no experience of Debbageís, so I canít comment. But nearest the station.
    I worked in one of the Felaw Maltings buildings (overlooking Debbages) for three months... Nothing would tempt me to put a boat at Debbages... Parts dry and the stench is awful, plus the seagulls....
    Larry Botheras

Colvic Victor 35 "Gladys"

Quote Originally Posted by photodog View Post
    How about a mooring at Harwich??
    Could you use the ferry from there to get over to Shotley? That would add Shotley sailing club to the list.

photodog is offline Lord High Commander of Upper Broughton and Gunthorpe

Quote Originally Posted by philld View Post
    Could you use the ferry from there to get over to Shotley? That would add Shotley sailing club to the list.
    There’s a club in Harwich which I think has the moorings running up the stour... you could use your own dingy to get to shotley,,,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12