Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Badly behaved Narrowboat owner

And he writes for one of the Canal rags.
    https://youtu.be/ldoVS0idTBw

Default Re: Badly behaved Narrowboat owner

Send him your repair bill!

He will pay....

Not my bill, I just came across the video.

His PR blurb states:

'Steve Haywood aims to be serious and controversial but in an entertaining way in order to enliven people to current waterways' issues.'

His contact details are on the IWA website if you need them. I can't decide if he's an arrogant Richard or a dangerous irresponsible oaf who needs to be taken down a peg or two. I'm sure the IWA would take a dim view of that incident. Deliberate ramming is stupid never mind the legal implications.

His attitude won't help NB/cruiser relations on the Thames
    Last edited by Old Crusty; 13-10-19 at 19:03.
    When I was in the Navy ...

That was an irresponsible approach to a busy river mooring in the first place. He's got a morse and a big engine too, not funky trad controls and a one pot. Zero excuse for maneuverability. Sewer tube forums also seem to think he's well in the wrong, if that helps relations.

https://www.canalworld.net/forums/in...steve-haywood/
    Last edited by ryanroberts; 13-10-19 at 20:25.

What a 24 carat cretin with plenty of attitude too. An arrogant and ignorant low-life who shouldn't be on the river.

He will get his comeuppance.

I wouldn't have been anywhere near as polite as the person in the video

Quote Originally Posted by Old Crusty View Post
    His contact details are on the IWA website if you need them. I can't decide if he's an arrogant Richard or a dangerous irresponsible oaf who needs to be taken down a peg or two. I'm sure the IWA would take a dim view of that incident. Deliberate ramming is stupid never mind the legal implications.
    OC - You seem to know who's who on the Thames; could you not send the link to the EA Navigation ppl? There must be a Bylaw or six that have been contravened there, let alone ColRegs 6, 7, 8 & 17.

He did so many things wrong there, a lot of narrowboats just don't seem to understand the river and good sea(river)manship, neither do a lot cruisers mind but narrowboats do seem the worse.
    You shouldn't come out the lock there and just cut across the oncoming traffic heading for the lock, how did he know the hire boat wasn't going to continue to the lock, did he give a sound signal. Why was he approaching a mooring going downstream, as he brilliantly demonstrated you have less control over your speed and steering!
    Its a pity you don't need a license to drive a boat as he should have got a ban for that.

The fact the tosspot is on a narrow boat has nothing to do with this event and should not even be the subject of discussion.
    The skipper of this boat is displaying a wilful disregard of just about everything to do with anticipation, river etiquette and boat safety.
    He is obviously well pissed off that somebody has perfectly correctly nipped into "his" mooring.
    He should have simply sucked it up and gone past muttering under his breath, like the rest of us at the end of a long tiring day and searched for somewhere else.

Wonder if he is also nursing some of the predudices on parade here, regards boaters who are "Not one of us"
    Surely not !
    Last edited by oldgit; 14-10-19 at 08:26.

Small cruisers on the Thames are nippy and maneuverable, and there are a lot of them as they are the most appropriate boat for a river. As a tin slug owner they will 'steal' 'your' spot. Quiet revenge can be had from the looks of terror as you deftly slide into a lock next to them.
    Last edited by ryanroberts; 14-10-19 at 09:13.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast