Default Shift actuator wont go in reverse

Hi guys, I'm from Alaska and beginning of this season I bought Volvo d6 350 with 900 hours on it, and now one day I wanted to move my boat, but when I try to back up it went foward, so I tied back up, and I'm watching the shift actuator only going what way, oh and the actuator is brand new so I wouldn't think that the case. What should I do next? I recalibrate the controls lever munch of time and still nothing, I dont want to hire a mechanic at the moment because he will charge me for telling home what wrong, so anything would be appreciated thank.

Default Re: Shift actuator wont go in reverse

Quote Originally Posted by Miss daycee View Post
    Hi guys, I'm from Alaska and beginning of this season I bought Volvo d6 350 with 900 hours on it, and now one day I wanted to move my boat, but when I try to back up it went foward, so I tied back up, and I'm watching the shift actuator only going what way, oh and the actuator is brand new so I wouldn't think that the case. What should I do next? I recalibrate the controls lever munch of time and still nothing, I dont want to hire a mechanic at the moment because he will charge me for telling home what wrong, so anything would be appreciated thank.
    Disconnect the shift cable from the actuator , make sure it’s in neutral and start engine, use vice grips on cable to push and pull gear engagement, if still the same i5 could be worn shift cone or cable clamp on drive broken off or badly fitted.

Check the cable is anchored correctly on the actuator to give the correct amount of movement.

Do you get the neutral light lit when in neutral ?

Yeah, I went to take the cable off the shift actuator, and I can move it with my hand, so that cable doesn't feel like it the problem, but I watch the actuator only going one way when I put the lever either way

I haven't run with out the shift actuator, but I'll give that a try, but honestly think it more like the computer side, cause the computer saying it going foward, every time I put the lever reverse and forward, I'm just having hard time trying to see what I need to do, on the computer side, and my system is EVC- B2

If it’s a new actuator that’s has never been calibrated with the system then I’d do that first.

What’s the serial number of the engine? Early EVC controls had a peculiar thing that when the neutral switch (the grey plug under the throttle lever) was connected but the parameter for it wasn’t switched on then it could cause that forward only behaviour. The serial number will determine the EVC generation and from that it should be able to advise whether or not the neutral switch should be connected.

It a 2006 Volvo penta d6 350 with a dph, and i am using evc-b2, I'll go down to the boat and get the serial number

I have found the solution, so I called the dealership and told them everything and he said just unplug the grey wire under the control head, which there for 2 plug in, which is black and grey, so I unplug the grey and recalibrate the controls and it works, so thank you guys for the help, if anyone have the same problem let them know about this

Quote Originally Posted by Miss daycee View Post
    I have found the solution, so I called the dealership and told them everything and he said just unplug the grey wire under the control head, which there for 2 plug in, which is black and grey, so I unplug the grey and recalibrate the controls and it works, so thank you guys for the help, if anyone have the same problem let them know about this
    Yep, so it was the neutral switch being connected that was the issue. On some EVC-B installations you can have it connected, but you also need to have the parameter switched on for it or you can get those symptoms.

Great that you've sorted it!