Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Default Re: A major improvement in efficiency? the new 'Sharrow propellor'

Anyhow, since we now have established that the new Sharrow prop is made of ally (), I have another idea
    Instead of Sharrow waiting to gear up production, distribution etc etc, why don’t they send customers a computer program that the customer then takes to his local engineering company’s CNC machine
    Neither a Leaver or Remainer be

Anyhow, talking of fast boats, this is the fastest boat on the A7 autoroute in France today

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrs View Post
    I agree. It would have been interesting for them to have done some timed acceleration tests - Hole-shot to planing & hole-shot to 45mph. Or maybe even pull out a fat guy on a mono ski!

If the Sharrow was also quicker/better for that then it really would be worth a lot of money.

(Putting my money on QBhoy for the first forumite to buy & try one )
    Haha. Just saw this.
    Iím not sure. Iím just not convinced it would see off the enertia, if it was pitched correctly.
    Plus...Iíve just bought another enertia at an extra 1Ē increment. It wasnít cheap, as you can imagine. Itís a terrible affliction I have. Prop obsessed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bouba View Post
    I have never seen a single blade propeller before! The whole history of boat prop development was to reduce the number of blades (didnít Robert Fulton (or someone else) hit the ground with his newly invented prop, lost some blades and realized he was going faster?).
    Where you see this now is on small electric outboards, where there are only two blades. So a one bladed prop should be best!
    Had a light aircraft. Prop over the years gets honed and eventually goes out of spec. We got a 3 blade. Performance the same as 2. More ground clearance and allegedly quieter. Props of any kind are a dark art.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
    I avoid aeroplanes wherever I can. I'm not afraid of flying as such, Im terrified of heights. Just watching the telly of space flights in the ISS looking back down on earth give me such a horrid sense of vertigo I have to take a nap to sleep it off

EDIT. Never used to be this way. Jumping out of a perfectly good plane on a static line to impress a bird when I was in my mid 20's did it.
    I was also afraid of heights until my father, in his infinite wisdom, said ďthe only way to get over your fears son is to face them head on!Ē

So, after listening to him, of course, I too jumped out of perfectly serviceable balloons, aeroplaneís and helicopters ... 62 times in all, a mixture of static line and free fall and ... Most times I had to be kicked out and Iím still as scared stiff of heights now as I was at the start.

My father unfortunately passed away before I had an opportunity to tell him how wrong he was but, as I went on to get a pilotís license and have had over 30 years of great times in the air since, it would have been more accurate I think if heíd said ... ďfacing your fears head on wonít cure you son but it can help you to come to terms with them so they donít control your lifeĒ.

Parents are always right and the balance of the universe has been restored

Quote Originally Posted by Seeline View Post
    I was also afraid of heights until my father, in his infinite wisdom, said “the only way to get over your fears son is to face them head on!”

So, after listening to him, of course, I too jumped out of perfectly serviceable balloons, aeroplane’s and helicopters ... 62 times in all, a mixture of static line and free fall and ... Most times I had to be kicked out and I’m still as scared stiff of heights now as I was at the start.

My father unfortunately passed away before I had an opportunity to tell him how wrong he was but, as I went on to get a pilot’s license and have had over 30 years of great times in the air since, it would have been more accurate I think if he’d said ... “facing your fears head on won’t cure you son but it can help you to come to terms with them so they don’t control your life”.

Parents are always right and the balance of the universe has been restored
    I think I would prefer a pilot who was afraid of heights
    Neither a Leaver or Remainer be

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345