Default local boat jumbles

got to clear out some of the boaty stuff acquired over the years and was thinking of a stall at a reasonably sized local jumble. Gloucester is no more apparently. Which is the busiest of the ones that remain within say 100 miles of Newport?
    this post is a personal opinion, and you should not base your actions on it.

Default Re: local boat jumbles

I've been to a few in my time and the only one worth going to was Beaulieu. Unfortunately with that now gone, I think they are a waste of time. The last local one I went to had about 15 stalls, and they still charged £4 to get in!
    If found in the Brexit forum, please return to the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    got to clear out some of the boaty stuff acquired over the years and was thinking of a stall at a reasonably sized local jumble. Gloucester is no more apparently. Which is the busiest of the ones that remain within say 100 miles of Newport?
    Use the for Sale section on YBW and have postings of a few items every week, collection only for large items and post at cost on smaller items.

There was talk recently on the CBYC Facebook page about having another one there. CYC had one earlier this year, I'm not sure how it went but, as you know, most things are better over that side of the bay.
    Allan
    Sailblogs.com search Brilliant with Hilary and Allan as crew. Password Bristol.

Quote Originally Posted by TOKOLOSHI View Post
    Use the for Sale section on YBW and have postings of a few items every week, collection only for large items and post at cost on smaller items.
    Tbf, if they're prepared to pay the postage for the larger items, why not?
    Disclaimer: I am not an experienced sailor nor do I own a boat.

Not sure if the one at Margam Park is still going?

We are considering hosting annual boat jumbles in the early spring at Cardiff Marine Village. Entry would be free of charge. Would this be of interest to readers? If so it will help inform the merits of this.

Yes...definately!

There has been an annual boat jumble in Milford Haven, organised (I think) by Windjammer Marine. If the location is viable you could give Windjammer a call on 01646 600070.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher O-S View Post
    We are considering hosting annual boat jumbles in the early spring at Cardiff Marine Village. Entry would be free of charge. Would this be of interest to readers? If so it will help inform the merits of this.
    Yes, definitely interested. as ex boat owner with stuff still to sell and as Action Optics clearing out my workshop.
    You know you are getting old when your back goes out more than you.