Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Drones in UK airspace - Operator registration starts 30 November 2019

Even my Walkera Master CP (helicopter) weighs more than 250g.
    So now I need to pay the government to fly it around my garden and in the field out back?

Default Re: Drones in UK airspace - Operator registration starts 30 November 2019

Quote Originally Posted by FlowerPower View Post
    Even my Walkera Master CP (helicopter) weighs more than 250g.
    So now I need to pay the government to fly it around my garden and in the field out back?
    Yes.

And the regulations are set to change again in June 2020 to align more closely with the rest of Europe (whatever the outcome of BREXIT).
    https://www.suasnews.com/2019/10/bmf...n-scheme-dres/

Done mine
    Registered and completed the test.
    So all legal.

I've even asked SWMBO for a present of a Mavic Mini - in stock at Hobby Mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Done mine
    Registered and completed the test.
    So all legal.

Let us know if she get's it for you..was looking at one myself...toss up between that and a Swellpro Spry.

I canít see what all the fuss is about. Itís nine quid on a drone that probably cost the thick end of a grand.

Hereís the thing, if a drone is being used dangerously or anti socially it gives the police easy to enforce powers. If you arenít registered youíre illegal, if you are registered you should know what you are doing is wrong because you took the test.

This will only help to improve the image of drones and their owners. It would be great if the licensing extended beyond our shores to help holiday use but with Brexit looming that wonít happen as we pull up the shutters and alienate ourselves from the outside world.......

Just for the record here is the web address where you register and take the test.
    https://register-drones.caa.co.uk/

The whole process took me about an hour - and that included reading The Drone and Model Aircraft Code - see here:-
    https://register-drones.caa.co.uk/drone-code

Are drones under the 250g weight threshold also exempt from the rules that prevent you flying them over other people, near buildings that aren't yours etc etc. Or does are they just exempt from registration/licensing requirements.

That mavic mini looks great, getting cheap and small enough to just have as a flying camera on the odd occasion.

Answering my own question here.

Looks like drones under the 250g threshold for licencing /registration are still required to follow the (quite sensible) rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Glad you mentioned it, M.

I was half thinking to fetch one of those things during my next trip over the pond, but even if more reasonably priced compared to other DJI stuff, I still wouldn't call it cheap, for what is essentially a toy...

Wadduthink, is it wiser to give my money to someone in the people rebublic for a toy, or to a great restaurant which I'm sure will soon get the 3rd star?

PS: "both" ain't a valid answer!

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    Glad you mentioned it, M.

I was half thinking to fetch one of those things during my next trip over the pond, but even if more reasonably priced compared to other DJI stuff, I still wouldn't call it cheap, for what is essentially a toy...

Wadduthink, is it wiser to give my money to someone in the people rebublic for a toy, or to a great restaurant which I'm sure will soon get the 3rd star?

PS: "both" ain't a valid answer!
    Sorry - definitely both.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast