Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Flights from Athens

We got Thomas Cooked recently - return flights from Glasgow to Tenerife mid-Jan/mid-Feb for just over £300 for both of us, a bargain until they became suddenly non-existent.

Jet2, Sleazyjet et al put their prices through the roof - nothing under £300 return for one person - plus seats, baggage etc. Prices were going up in the time it took to compare one rip-off with the next one then click back to the first one.

Eventually booked with BA from Glasgow via Gatwick, so 4 flights instead of 2 for each of us. Total cost was £400 including a night in a hotel at Gatwick on the way back and 22Kg hold baggage for both of us. Seems that BA don't use algorithms to manipulate flight prices.

- W

North Wales, sailing Aegean Sea or Menai Strait

Have you looked at Aegean? We flew with them in the spring, cheaper than Easyjet.
    Answers to some technical queries at new website http://coxeng.co.uk

The cheapest flight with aegean is 221 euro!
    I think they are one of the best airlines, but not cheap.

Many people, me included, believe that airlines will target you and raise the price if you check one route more than once. Do check with a different browser before you commit, or at least clear the cookies in your normal one. I've just read that one company offers lower prices to Windows users. Some people reckon that ip addresses get used too, so use a mobile for another check (or a vpn if you have one).

Sound advice, that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12