Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default It was the right thing to do -But!!

The boat is laid up on the hard. Most of the winterising has been done. So I thought I would nip down to the marina & turn off the battery charger now the batteries are up to full power. Then straight back home to do a few home jobs. the marina is only 4 miles away so it would only take 20 Mins
    Whilst I was there I noticed a slight smell from the heads. I had 5 litres of disinfectant in the car so i thought that whilst i was there I might !quickly! pump some fresh water through the pipe with a bit of disinfectant for the winter.
    Ok so far except the pump was very stiff. Funny I thought!!
    Now at that point I should have gone home & earned brownie points from the wife.
    But it would not take a minute to undo the 6 screws & take the pump home & clean it. Wouldn't it?
    But having done that I noticed that there was a lot of calcium in the fitting. Hmm. Get a box spanner & undo the 2 jubilee clips & remove the plastic elbow & look up the hose. Only take a minute- Won't it?
    I could not see up it but horrors of horrors I could not get my finger up it.
    Now at that point I could have gone home!!
    But it would only take a few minutes to disconnect the end at the blackwater tank - Wouldn't it?

The upshot is that the cabin floor, the shower tray, the aft locker was sprayed with S..t & calcium that took 30 mins to clean. It took another 1.5 hours to get the hose out from behind the bulkhead & the blackwater tank (half full) ended up in the car

I have promised the wife faithfully that I would NEVER jet wash the tank on the patio - (at least until she goes shopping on Tuesday!!) & all my clothes need washing & i am about to get in the shower. I have 3 or 4 hours work ahead of me to get it all back & have to buy a new hose.
    I just hope to god that the wife does not go near the car for a couple of days & smell the contents where the tank leaked in the boot.

& i only went to disconnect the battery charger
    Last edited by Daydream believer; 25-10-19 at 15:48.
    It is all down to the fact that my wife does not understand me !!

Default Re: It was the right thing to do -But!!

Quote Originally Posted by jordanbasset View Post
    Classic
    Love it!

She should be thanking you.

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream believer View Post
    The boat is laid up on the hard. Most of the winterising has been done. So I thought I would nip down to the marina & turn off the battery charger now the batteries are up to full power. Then straight back home to do a few home jobs. the marina is only 4 miles away so it would only take 20 Mins
    Whilst I was there I noticed a slight smell from the heads. I had 5 litres of disinfectant in the car so i thought that whilst i was there I might !quickly! pump some fresh water through the pipe with a bit of disinfectant for the winter.
    Ok so far except the pump was very stiff. Funny I thought!!
    Now at that point I should have gone home & earned brownie points from the wife.
    But it would not take a minute to undo the 6 screws & take the pump home & clean it. Wouldn't it?
    But having done that I noticed that there was a lot of calcium in the fitting. Hmm. Get a box spanner & undo the 2 jubilee clips & remove the plastic elbow & look up the hose. Only take a minute- Won't it?
    I could not see up it but horrors of horrors I could not get my finger up it.
    Now at that point I could have gone home!!
    But it would only take a few minutes to disconnect the end at the blackwater tank - Wouldn't it?

The upshot is that the cabin floor, the shower tray, the aft locker was sprayed with S..t & calcium that took 30 mins to clean. It took another 1.5 hours to get the hose out from behind the bulkhead & the blackwater tank (half full) ended up in the car

I have promised the wife faithfully that I would NEVER jet wash the tank on the patio - (at least until she goes shopping on Tuesday!!) & all my clothes need washing & i am about to get in the shower. I have 3 or 4 hours work ahead of me to get it all back & have to buy a new hose.
    I just hope to god that the wife does not go near the car for a couple of days & smell the contents where the tank leaked in the boot.

& i only went to disconnect the battery charger

Are you related to the fellow with the MoBo
    Some disinfectant contains pine oil & is a no no on rubber gaskets & o rings
    Last edited by Old Harry; 25-10-19 at 16:30.

Haha. I won’t ask for your help with my tank.
    Not all who wander are lost

Do you normally keep 5 litres of disinfectant in the car??

Quote Originally Posted by pvb View Post

No, but bought earlier due to unwanted visits by foxes near our log store.
    It is all down to the fact that my wife does not understand me !!

Quote Originally Posted by pvb View Post
    It was a good idea just in case a tank full of shit leaked in the boot. Who would have thunk it?

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream believer View Post
    No, but bought earlier due to unwanted visits by foxes near our log store.
    We currently have problems with foxes, does disinfectant work?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast