Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    51

    Default Shotley Marina Property Developments

    Does anyone have an idea of the proposed housing developments within the marina estate, and what could be the likely disruption to the marina?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    UK East Coast
    Posts
    37,201

    Default Re: Shotley Marina Property Developments

    Shotley Marina has permission to build 150 housing units on the site, as well as permission to demolish Victory House and replace it with 19 live/work units. This site plan gives a good idea - https://planning.baberghmidsuffolk.g...LAN-405235.pdf

    There'll inevitably be some disruption, muddy roads, etc, during the construction phase.

    If you search for "Shotley Marina" on the council's planning website, you'll find lots of info. Go to https://planning.baberghmidsuffolk.g...pe=Application

    A separate development company has permission to build 250 or so houses on the old HMS Ganges site.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    London / Suffolk
    Posts
    870

    Default Re: Shotley Marina Property Developments

    Quote Originally Posted by pvb View Post
    Shotley Marina has permission to build 150 housing units on the site, as well as permission to demolish Victory House and replace it with 19 live/work units. This site plan gives a good idea - https://planning.baberghmidsuffolk.g...LAN-405235.pdf

    There'll inevitably be some disruption, muddy roads, etc, during the construction phase.

    If you search for "Shotley Marina" on the council's planning website, you'll find lots of info. Go to https://planning.baberghmidsuffolk.g...pe=Application

    A separate development company has permission to build 250 or so houses on the old HMS Ganges site.
    Do you have another link to that PDF as the link doesn't work?
    Someone more informed will come along any minute

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2,029

    Default Re: Shotley Marina Property Developments

    Quote Originally Posted by dolabriform View Post
    Do you have another link to that PDF as the link doesn't work?
    https://duckduckgo.com/?q=shotley+ma...t=opera&ia=web

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    UK East Coast
    Posts
    37,201

    Default Re: Shotley Marina Property Developments

    Quote Originally Posted by dolabriform View Post
    Do you have another link to that PDF as the link doesn't work?
    Sorry, it worked for me but might have "session" data in it. Here's a view of the PDF, click to enlarge...

    Screenshot 2019-10-28 at 09.30.24.jpg

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    23,270

    Default Re: Shotley Marina Property Developments

    I'm only a very rare visitor to Shotley but although I can see where there is pressure to develop the area it seems a pity. It will spoil the shore view for marina residents and obliterates an attractive area of partly rough ground around the point. I don't think it is a wildlife hotspot but last time I was there there was a nightingale and Cetti's warbler in the bushes.
    Far away is near at hand in images of elsewhere

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    UK East Coast
    Posts
    37,201

    Default Re: Shotley Marina Property Developments

    Quote Originally Posted by johnalison View Post
    I'm only a very rare visitor to Shotley but although I can see where there is pressure to develop the area it seems a pity. It will spoil the shore view for marina residents and obliterates an attractive area of partly rough ground around the point. I don't think it is a wildlife hotspot but last time I was there there was a nightingale and Cetti's warbler in the bushes.
    The owners of Shotley Marina have spent many years considering the options for building on what is, undoubtedly, an attractive site for housing. The apartments they've recently built near the Bristol Arms are of excellent quality and I can't see that the housing on the marina will be in any way inferior. If I owned all that land with great views, I'd be wanting to build on it!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    23,270

    Default Re: Shotley Marina Property Developments

    I can see that it is an attractive site for builders, just like the unfortunate site in Rowhedge. Sadly, the marina will become less attractive to those who value natural scenery and a bit of peace and quiet.
    Far away is near at hand in images of elsewhere

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    2,087

    Default Re: Shotley Marina Property Developments

    I can't see why someone would want to live overlooking an industrial port!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    8,188

    Default Re: Shotley Marina Property Developments

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmalade View Post
    I can't see why someone would want to live overlooking an industrial port!
    Yet, coach loads of people come to the marina and look across the Stour at Harwich ?
    Rainbow Marine.
    www.rainbowmarine.co.uk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest YBW News

Find Boats For Sale

to
to