Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Shotley Marina Property Developments

Does anyone have an idea of the proposed housing developments within the marina estate, and what could be the likely disruption to the marina?

Default Re: Shotley Marina Property Developments

Shotley Marina has permission to build 150 housing units on the site, as well as permission to demolish Victory House and replace it with 19 live/work units. This site plan gives a good idea - https://planning.baberghmidsuffolk.g...LAN-405235.pdf

There'll inevitably be some disruption, muddy roads, etc, during the construction phase.

If you search for "Shotley Marina" on the council's planning website, you'll find lots of info. Go to https://planning.baberghmidsuffolk.g...pe=Application

A separate development company has permission to build 250 or so houses on the old HMS Ganges site.

Quote Originally Posted by pvb View Post
    Shotley Marina has permission to build 150 housing units on the site, as well as permission to demolish Victory House and replace it with 19 live/work units. This site plan gives a good idea - https://planning.baberghmidsuffolk.g...LAN-405235.pdf

There'll inevitably be some disruption, muddy roads, etc, during the construction phase.

If you search for "Shotley Marina" on the council's planning website, you'll find lots of info. Go to https://planning.baberghmidsuffolk.g...pe=Application

A separate development company has permission to build 250 or so houses on the old HMS Ganges site.
    Do you have another link to that PDF as the link doesn't work?
    Someone more informed will come along any minute

Quote Originally Posted by dolabriform View Post
    https://duckduckgo.com/?q=shotley+ma...t=opera&ia=web

Quote Originally Posted by dolabriform View Post
    Sorry, it worked for me but might have "session" data in it. Here's a view of the PDF, click to enlarge...

Screenshot 2019-10-28 at 09.30.24.jpg

I'm only a very rare visitor to Shotley but although I can see where there is pressure to develop the area it seems a pity. It will spoil the shore view for marina residents and obliterates an attractive area of partly rough ground around the point. I don't think it is a wildlife hotspot but last time I was there there was a nightingale and Cetti's warbler in the bushes.
    Far away is near at hand in images of elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by johnalison View Post
    I'm only a very rare visitor to Shotley but although I can see where there is pressure to develop the area it seems a pity. It will spoil the shore view for marina residents and obliterates an attractive area of partly rough ground around the point. I don't think it is a wildlife hotspot but last time I was there there was a nightingale and Cetti's warbler in the bushes.
    The owners of Shotley Marina have spent many years considering the options for building on what is, undoubtedly, an attractive site for housing. The apartments they've recently built near the Bristol Arms are of excellent quality and I can't see that the housing on the marina will be in any way inferior. If I owned all that land with great views, I'd be wanting to build on it!

I can see that it is an attractive site for builders, just like the unfortunate site in Rowhedge. Sadly, the marina will become less attractive to those who value natural scenery and a bit of peace and quiet.
    Far away is near at hand in images of elsewhere

I can't see why someone would want to live overlooking an industrial port!

Quote Originally Posted by Marmalade View Post
    I can't see why someone would want to live overlooking an industrial port!
    Yet, coach loads of people come to the marina and look across the Stour at Harwich ?
    Rainbow Marine.
    www.rainbowmarine.co.uk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast