Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Shotley Marina Property Developments

Quote Originally Posted by PaulRainbow View Post
    Only one s in busses, didn't they teach you that at Holbrook ?
    Well played sir.
    Far away is near at hand in images of elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by photodog View Post
    .. they appear to be building all around the northern pool as well....
    I think the pontoons will be removed from that area.

Quote Originally Posted by fredrussell View Post
    fair comment. I should keep my anti-Shotley sentiments to myself. It’s very telling though, that when some likely lad changed the ‘o’ to an ’i’ in the Shotley sign, it stayed that way for nearly a year!

Not sure why you're anti-Shotley. Sure, the old Ganges site isn't exactly picturesque and the old shop/post office is a bit of an eye-sore, Shotley isn't exactly alone in having such places.

On the plus side, Shotley/Shotley Gate has a garage/filling station, a second garage, 2 pubs, a large village store/Post Office, a village hall, Shotley Sailing Club, the "waterfront", a chip shp/Indian takeaway, the marina and some very nice scenery. The village still has a traditional village community spirit, hard to find these days.

For those that read this forum and are not familiar with the village, this website possibly paints a more accurate picture of the area than has been portrayed in this thread.

http://shotleyopenspaces.co.uk/walkers-are-welcome/
    Last edited by PaulRainbow; 31-10-19 at 14:49.
    Rainbow Marine.
    www.rainbowmarine.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by PaulRainbow View Post

On the plus side, Shotley/Shotley Gate has a garage/filling station

http://shotleyopenspaces.co.uk/walkers-are-welcome/
    I'm a happy Shotley bertholder - but I can honestly say I've never seen the garage open! I've concluded it's a front for a security services watch station or something!

Quote Originally Posted by Marmalade View Post
    I'm a happy Shotley bertholder - but I can honestly say I've never seen the garage open! I've concluded it's a front for a security services watch station or something!
    LOL It's only open on weekdays.
    Rainbow Marine.
    www.rainbowmarine.co.uk

Nowt wrong with Shotley really, it’s true. I was just taking the ‘peninsulite’s’ cheeky view of the place. It’s certainly got better sailing facilities than Holbrook, where I grew up. I learnt to sail in Shotley, in a sailing canoe launched from in front of the Bristol Arms, and with the tide up and the sun out you can see why the peninsula was named after the place. The marina and staff are excellent- I worked down there for a bit - will be a great shame if this proposed development encroaches on any of that.

Personally, and as a Shotley bertholder, I think the development can only be an improvement. In many places the site is tired and inward investment shows confidence; which is good. The recent developments are of a decent standard and more of the same will bring more cash to the area.
    There will be disruption. I travel from the A1 via the A14 to reach Shotley which has been a pain for a while now, but I accept disruption for the final outcome. There's a lot of under-used space at Shotley.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123