Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Diesel heater exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    I wonder if the OP realises that he can't use the exhaust that came with the kit.
    Yes I do, I've already got a genuine Eberspacher exhaust pipe and skin fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonA View Post
    Yes I do, I've already got a genuine Eberspacher exhaust pipe and skin fitting.
    Good man.

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    If it's so safe why aren't you using the exhaust that came with it?
    Because this part is absolutely crap - just about OK for a vehicle where the thing is mounted outside anyway, but its wall thickness is not so different to that of a coke can, besides the clips provided are also rubbish so I used decent & proper stainless jubilee clips !

If you are looking for reasons to use the accessories to condemn the unit itself then I suggest you give up. These heaters are intended for the automotive market, but are a direct copy of the Eber D4 and I do really mean a direct copy except the controller PCB. The heater plugs are directly interchangeable. So the base heater is, for the money, a very good imitation, just the accessories are bloody awful and completely unsuitable for a marine installation. The pump seems just fine.

Anyway I had a suitable piece of original twin wall Eber exhaust tube in my workshop, along with the seaweed Webasto silencer.
    Interested in Corvettes PM me for details of the Corvette Motorboat Association

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123