Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Default Re: A tour of marinas in Spain - where do you suggest I go?

Quote Originally Posted by kashurst View Post
    "Italy’s Ligurian coast , Marina d Loano" - that looks a very nice spot. Where do the prevailing winds come from?
    Just had a look at the website. Looks nice but a big question for me would be how far away from your boat do you have to park your car and drag your luggage/shopping?

Quote Originally Posted by kashurst View Post
    "Italyís Ligurian coast , Marina d Loano" - that looks a very nice spot. Where do the prevailing winds come from?
    Well still working on that .
    Whatís thrown us is lack of wind compared to the SoF .When in the SoF and touring ...like going to say St Trop or Porquerolles ( to meet Bouba ) one always has in the back of your mind to be ready for a blow .Sure there are all the usual forecast etc etc , but many local winds funnelling down valleys etc .So forecast says one thing reality could be different on the ride home often .

We havenít seen that yet here .

Itís like this flat most of the time .

Quote Originally Posted by mikef View Post
    Just had a look at the website. Looks nice but a big question for me would be how far away from your boat do you have to park your car and drag your luggage/shopping?
    Very close . yellow is where we park to load / unload .Then car goes into a under ground CP so shaded . You can rent a space near or for you a garage .There are garages under the sea wall and town side side wall for rent .
    Also they deliver water @ € .8 per 1 1/2 L ......it’s .25 or .3 in the supermarket.
    They collect oil and batteries too for €20 or something from your berth . Those blue doors are garages to rent .

Mikes boat could go there .....I wanted to be there but it’s for 55 ft upwards .

Yellow where we park to unload etc .
    Last edited by Portofino; 29-10-19 at 17:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I am guessing the prices in Mallorca would be somewhere between £30,000 and £60,000 for a 20m berth
    I don't think I would consider that for 30k quid, but I might (just) be interested for 60.
    If they would GIVE me that sort of money, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Portofino View Post
    Porto, I hope you don't mind me highlighting, since you are now based in the Country of poets, saints and sailors, that the typical Brit excuse for a wrong courtesy flag (i.e. it's what most chandlers stock) isn't acceptable anymore.
    So, just get a plain vanilla IT flag - the one with the Maritime Republics shield is only meant as ensign of IT-registered vessels.

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    Porto, I hope you don't mind me highlighting, since you are now based in the Country of poets, saints and sailors, that the typical Brit excuse for a wrong courtesy flag (i.e. it's what most chandlers stock) isn't acceptable anymore.
    So, just get a plain vanilla IT flag - the one with the Maritime Republics shield is only meant as ensign of IT-registered vessels.
    Thx P really appreciate the faux pas .
    Will sort .

@ J rudge and any others with itchy feet .
    Weíve moved to Italyís Ligurian coast , Marina d Loano to be precise but there are plenty of others .
    Ours was based on logistics of nearest base from Switzerland - shorter drive .

Boat wise we have up and down that coast plenty of times and sure itís less interesting than SoF .However Monaco is 2 hrs and Lerins ( Cannes islands 3 hrs ) so itís not like we have been exiled etc .Plus a huge fresh cruising ground to our E and S = Elba etc .

But the point is this ........a pleasant upside ....
    Itís cheap , refreshingly cheap .Large Beer Ä4.50 not Ä7/8 as Cote d Azur .
    Yard labour Ä40 / hr as opposed to 70/80 .
    My berth ( 14m ) is Ä6600 + tax so under Ä8 k all in no service charge just leccy on meter est Ä4/6 00 ? currently renting out by SoF for Ä17 K pa took a week to find a tenant .

Itís a posh one by Liguria standards there are even cheaper .
    We choose it on location not price .
    Meals out can be peanuts like starters Ä5\7 and mains teens .
    Pizza Marguerite Ä6 etc etc .
    Thereís some ď posh ď places like Alassiso nearby ,

Genoa airport is 55 mins away with regulators flights into London and Nice 2 hrs away .

Sea bottom is sand and the people are really warm + nice .

Itís just if you are wanting to escape without the hassle of expensive SoF and availability commitments you could try the Liguria for a year and boat into the SoF for a sniff around.

We bought 2 years they do discount if you buy more years . Our tenant s contract ends Sept 21
    So far I have not regretted it .Its different in a positive kinda way .

Take stabs for example .....

Obviously I follow the threads which mostly seem to be rolling @ anchor stuff on the tables going flying etc etc .,,,buts thatís just shear boat density / crowded areas / wakes etc .
    Fully understand and sympathise feel the pain etc etc in the Cote d Azur .

How ever in the Liguria all thatís a none event , none starter because of the low density , there just isnít the crowdedness to make unpleasant wakes to stimulate any sales in stabs .
    What is the closest airport ?

I did consider san remo

Quote Originally Posted by jrudge View Post
    What is the closest airport ?

I did consider san remo
    Genoa is less than an hr by road .Its got a marina next door and actually is a nice city .
    So it’s poss to go there and pick up guests if you want .
    Nice is 2 hrs away .
    Bergamo between Milan and Turin do Ryan air , 3 hrs
    Albenga is a small private’s airport 10 miles away from Loano .
    Loano has a helipad and maybe in the summer 1 movement every few days .
    There’s a few heads of African countries and heads of big businesses keep there boats at Loano .
    So skyscanner Genoa .

San Remo is ok it’s less than a hr W and only 1 hr from Monaco . So only an hr in it sea time wise .
    It’s a bit old marina wise and has those parking issues .
    Coast immediately out is not as interesting as Loano s there’s no go to islands to go to and swim for a day trip . Towns nice .

5 miles E of Loano .......see the sandy bottom
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzeywZNmcCI

And here’s that little island W
    11 mins P speed or 40 D
    Gives you an idea of the boat density
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njP1GhBEH-s
    Last edited by Portofino; 29-10-19 at 20:59.

Very close . yellow is where we park to load / unload .Then car goes into a under ground CP so shaded . You can rent a space near or for you a garage .There are garages under the sea wall and town side side wall for rent .
    Also they deliver water @ Ä .8 per 1 1/2 L ......itís .25 or .3 in the supermarket.
    They collect oil and batteries too for Ä20 or something from your berth . Those blue doors are garages to rent .
    Yellow where we park to unload etc .
    Thanks thats interesting

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast