Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Default Re: Fairline 43 Owners

I would be very grateful to hear from any 2019 Fairline 43 Open owners, either in the UK or abroad. We have experienced many issues which we are having extreme difficulty in getting resolved - are we alone in this?

Nothing there about helping the fairline technicians.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahoy there View Post
    Indeed many people have tried to help HOWEVER if you look at my original post I was simply asking a question to try to help the Fairline technicians who were struggling to find the source of the leak. I have not been damning but on the contrary grateful for the attempts made. Not sure why you feel the need to be so aggressive? I think we should call a halt to this unproductive discussion between ourselves.
    Unfortunately, that's not entirely how your original post came across, Also, IMO, for a new / current model it's extremely unlikely that any owner(s) would have more knowledge than the dealer network. Combined with your lack of responses following your initial post will have led many of us to suspect you were just having a pop at Fairline.

Anyhow, it sounds like FL were genuinely trying to help and hopefully have got to the bottom of the issue. Hopefully you can put this behind you once they've fixed the damage and you can enjoy what I think is a great boat.

JFM, it was not meant as a criticism of your very finely specified boat. We have some badly laid oak flooring at home by the previous owner and I am now OCD about timber flooring and i notice joints and joint staggering on any kind of timber flooring wherever I go.

It makes complete sense in order to achieve your desired effect.
    Currently boatless........

May I say thank you to all of those who posted their helpful comments and my apologies if I have not responded to everyone. Just to reiterate, at the time of my first post technicians had not visited the boat, although the agent had done their best we still had the issue. If another owner had had the same experience, my hope was that we could pass this on to the people working on our boat. To those who have chosen to be challenging, rude and unhelpful, may I thank you for opening my eyes to the pitfalls of asking for help on forums. Lesson learned.

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    Unfortunately, that's not entirely how your original post came across, Also, IMO, for a new / current model it's extremely unlikely that any owner(s) would have more knowledge than the dealer network. Combined with your lack of responses following your initial post will have led many of us to suspect you were just having a pop at Fairline.
    That's certainly true P, but if he wanted to have a pop at FL, the explanation of what they did to troubleshoot the problem was much more effective than the OP, if you read it carefully:

1) "The first time the water came in, the rubbing strake was sealed, ..."
    Huh? The rubbing strake is fitted above the hull to deck joint, and they didn't trust that to be waterproof? Seriously?

2) "Hopefully they have found the leak which they think was due to someone over drilling the fittings for the cockpit table leg"
    Not what I would want to hear, if I were the owner.
    Makes you wonder how many other over drilled holes there are elsewhere, which go unnoticed just because the water doesn't reach the interior, but is possibly damaging other parts, or is soaking some cored GRP internally - heaven forbid!...

Quote Originally Posted by Ahoy there View Post
    I note from your post that someone is in breach of Data Protection Regs by providing information to 3rd parties & can therefore only assume that you are a dealer? We have been in contact with the CEO, Warranty Manager & agent and will congratulate them on trying to resolve the matter. The point of my original post was to try to HELP identify the source of the leak.
    The first time the water came in, the rubbing strake was sealed, which appeared to solve the problem, however sadly not and the problem remained. Hopefully they have found the leak which they think was due to someone over drilling the fittings for the cockpit table leg. This still leaves us bewildered as this area doesn’t get wet! The good news is they also discovered & cured the issue of water entering the central engine room bilge.
    As for your storm in a tea cup comment, had you had to wring out countless soaking wet towels from the bedroom over the last several weeks, and try to dry the wet bedroom carpet, to say nothing of the fabric and joinery which now need to be replaced, you might not make such a crass comment. I am amazed that, not having seen the boat, or spoken to the owner, you seem to be so well informed!
    I presume that's aimed at me. First point, Mr amateur lawyer, is that I don't (and don't want to) know your name/address/mobile phone/bank account/name of your boat or any other personal details, so there has been no GDPR breach. Second point is that your post speaks volumes about your character: you seem to be a clipboard wielding winghing jobsworthy type of guy who is trigger happy at claiming "GDPR breach alert!" (without understanding what it means). I bet it's a bunch of fun being the boat fixer assigned to working on your boat. You'll see from several other posts above that your protestations aren't landing too well with your audience. Anyway I hope the boat is fixed - happy sailing.

I'm not a boat dealer and have no idea why you would think that, but no matter.

JFM! Wholly out of character, delightful in delivery.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast