Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: Fairline 43 Owners

We still have heard nothing more from the OP so this is getting a bit out of hand!

Where I do agree is the manufacturer is not going to say the cheque is in the post. Bear in mind that Oyster was bought down by a dispute .... and of course Tideman went to Fairline!

However before we consign Fairline to the dustbin of the forum I do think we need to hear back from the OP as to the extent of the issues and the steps taken to rectify.

I would suspect FL know of this post by now ( no prizes as to how) and more likely than not wish to rectify the issue (s).

Mike re your earlier reply I agree to a point re the dealers but there are things only the factory know. We had groaning door issues and the only people who could really resolve were the factory as they knew how it came to bits without destroying it! The factory is also the place where common issues (should) come together.

Quote Originally Posted by jrudge View Post
    I would suspect FL know of this post by now ( no prizes as to how) and more likely than not wish to rectify the issue (s).
    Well I haven't told them if that's what your insinuating!

Why would I with the scant information supplied by the OP? At a minimum we need to know where the OP is based and what's been done so far to resolve the issue.

They will figure it out.

They wonít have sold enough to make it a mystery I suspect !

I agree we know little !

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    Blimey Paul, we have absolutely no idea what is causing this. As others have said, could be something as minor as a blocked drain or a some crappy / damaged windscreen sealant in which case rejecting the thing would be totally OTT.

The OP needs to tell us where he is based and what has been done to date to solve the issue.

Regarding other owners, if others have experienced this issue and found a fix then it could save a lot of time and trouble as leaks can sometimes be hard to trace without dismantling half the boat.
    I may have replied in a little haste , however it seems this year Iíve heard what Iíd describe more boat owners having a moan about build quality , they seem to compare the older boats they have owned to the new ones .
    Some stating that they canít remember having the on going faults , the on going battles to have faults fixed in a reasonable time scale without endless emails and constant fobbing off. .
    I wonít mention makes as itís not fair .

I refer to the Princess v39 14 months to get it fixed post , sadly this isnít a one off problem as I was only in discussions with someone who mentioned another that suffered exactly the same issue , who was without his boat fir a considerable period of time .

I remember the old days when builder, dealer and engine supplier all got there heads together to sort an issue , today this seems a thing of the past.

Sorry if Iíve offended anyone , Fairline in the past have been rock solid boats , Iíve owned 3.

We still have heard nothing more from the OP so this is getting a bit out of hand!
    I think we've scared him off!

Mike re your earlier reply I agree to a point re the dealers but there are things only the factory know. We had groaning door issues and the only people who could really resolve were the factory as they knew how it came to bits without destroying it! The factory is also the place where common issues (should) come together.
    Agree 100% but my point was that it shouldnt get to the point that a customer becomes so exasperated with the lack of action by the dealer that he feels compelled to contact the factory. It is the dealer who should be calling for help from the factory, not the customer. If my customers started to call our manufacturers direct because they were so pissed off with the service we gave them, I wouldnt be in business much longer

Quote Originally Posted by mikef View Post
    I think we've scared him off!
    No I don't think so,
    Who is op ?
    where is the boat?
    what has happened so far?
    no photo's?
    where is the op now ?
    if you had a brand new boat to the value of 600k plus that is in a poor way, you would be banging the door down at fairline not asking for a little help on here as if it was a 10 year old boat.
    sorry I smell a rat.
    Last edited by hullabaloo; 31-10-19 at 19:13.

Four pages of discussion following a single message from a disgruntled owner and no further response from the original poster? Trick or treat?

Quote Originally Posted by hullabaloo View Post
    No I don't think so,
    Who is op ?
    where is the boat?
    what has happened so far?
    no photo's?
    where is the op now ?
    if you had a brand new boat to the value of 600k plus that is in a poor way, you would be banging the door down at fairline not asking for a little help on here as if it was a 10 year old boat.
    sorry I smell a rat.
    Think you may be right, having asked for help with £600k on the line you would at least follow up some of what has been said here.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
    I would disagree Jfm as sale of goods act means going back to the manufacturer/seller and giving them the opportunity of identifying the problem and the opportunity of rectifying the problem and under this rejection doesn't arise.
    At least keep up with the conversation. Two posters advised OP to reject and I commented "be careful", for the reasons I gave. You're now talking about a scenario where the OP does not reject, but just negotiates on the problem. That's fine, but that scenario by definition doesn't involve a rejection, so the consequences of rejection that I described obviously don't occur. There is nothing to disagree with me about.

The UK's Sale of Goods Act was repealed 2015 so far as B2C transactions are concerned. The relevant UK law for B2C is Consumer Rights Act 2015. Keep up.

J, my understanding of Assassin post was that he just wanted to point out that rejection can't materialize just upon buyer's decision, but requires some steps instead.
    Therefore, he couldn't fall in the trap that you highlighted even if wanted to, after reading a wrong suggestion from myself, VP or anyone else on a forum.
    Which stands to reason - hence my last para in post #22.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast