Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Default Re: Fairline 43 Owners

Back on topic ......
    I was thinking how do disgruntled customers end up bypassing the dealer and get legal with the manufacture in the boat world . That’s a bigger fish to fry compared to JFM ,s dealer example .
    Thinking Pearl and Oyster ended up loosing in court .
    I think Sealine fessed up and funded retro repairs .
    Anyhow in all three cases have a common denominator of the dealer dropped out of the loop in the final show downs .Realise would have been involved early on but somehow the buck got passed up the line .

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher 5 View Post
    Having come on here with a damning complaint about a very expensive boat and then disappearing I would suggest the OP is probably so sad and lonely that he enjoys trolling people on forums ... or maybe he works for Princess or Sunseeker!
    If hes going to go all legal then hes best not raising his social media profile on this any more than he has done .

I suspect it is something to do with warranty obligations which as far as I know are from the manufacture to to end user

It is going back some years but my s65 had manufacturers warranty of 1 year and and extra from boats.co.uk

I dont want to fully go into my dealings on a public forum but this to me gave a contractual obligation. Work was not complete and I got fairline to extend their part of the warranty beyond a year.

whoever sold the OP the boat may not be a FL dealer anymore. There's been some changes in recent months which may have upset the communication trails.

Quote Originally Posted by jfm View Post
    OP not happy, and now realises he was dumb to have rejected his boat
    Also dumb not to have done his due diligence on the dealer before buying it in the first place. It constantly amazes me that people who have been financially successful in other areas of business are willing to give hundreds of thousands if not millions of pounds to one horse boat dealer companies with little or no forethought

Quote Originally Posted by mikef View Post
    Also dumb not to have done his due diligence on the dealer before buying it in the first place. It constantly amazes me that people who have been financially successful in other areas of business are willing to give hundreds of thousands if not millions of pounds to one horse boat dealer companies with little or no forethought
    If we delved into some bank accounts they would make interesting reading , a lot of trust is put into builders never mind dealers .

Quote Originally Posted by mikef View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by volvopaul View Post
    If we delved into some bank accounts they would make interesting reading , a lot of trust is put into builders never mind dealers .
    Indeed. What amazes me is how people withhold the final payment on a new boat until a squeaky hinge or something trivial is fixed by the dealer/PDI team, when builder doesn't sign over ownership of boat till full payment made.

When my last Sq78 was built, I paid the entire 2.5m purchase price soon after the engines were in and the boat was topped, but very still unfinished, and i got full documented ownership of the 3/4 finished boat. If builder goes bust I'm in a much better position than hoping a liquidator gives my 50% stage payments back, and the factory would still finish the boat for me if I paid the liquidator a bit more. If builder doesn't go bust I'm no worse off. Win win, sort of, imho.

You're right - people should be a lot more worried when transacting with some builders and dealers. Some people on here will have more cash personally than Princess, Fairline, Itama, Sunseeker and many others have. Avoiding these risks is a big benefit of buying a stock boat or 2nd hand (speaking as a not practising what I preach-er).

Quote Originally Posted by jrudge View Post
    warranty obligations which ... are from the manufacture to to end user.
    Yes exactly. The boat purchase contract is between boater and boat dealer. The boat warranty contract is between boater and boat builder - same as if you buy a fridge. The engine warranty is contract between boater and engine maker, and so on, which is not the same as if you buy a fridge.

Brixham south Devon

Quote Originally Posted by Ahoy there View Post
    Brixham south Devon
    Has it got teak side decks ?
    Remember I’ve seen them fitted .

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast