Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Default Re: Fairline 43 Owners

Quote Originally Posted by jfm View Post
    Answers inserted in blue below Porto
    Not coming across critical about the straight edge cut ends meeting just answering what I thought was a Mapish misunderstanding of Wake up query.
    Jezz !

Agree with your sentiments re Itama fordeck s it’s matter of personal taste .
    I don’t think in such a huge area it works aesthetically.
    Some prefer a more modernist straight look like on this 62 ( Ferretti built ) ,
    Although it’s solid planking and smells nice when new . Some a more busy trad look on this 48 hull ( same hull as mine btw ) .
    Anything can be retro fitted .
    Personally i prefer just plain white topsides and blue hulls none teak .Thinking ease of maintenance ( with a dog ) and cool under foot that’s all .Each to there own and I wouldn’t go as far a saying they are “ pos “
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    Cockpits as fore deck ,s and rear sun pad area are all crowded for the water run off .The cockpits have scuppers at the sides on the older Amarti versions .

Where I do disagree or you missed the point ? Is that good teak work and workmanship is not necessarily only found in super yachts or there’s a linear relationship with price and size .Hence the pic of that small boat .

The side decks I witnessed dealer fitted , prior to delivery on the FL 43 GT ( built by FL version 2 Co ) were thin veneers, sheets glued down and held 48 hrs with self tappers ....a kit maybe three sheets lengths per side and a triangular piece on the bow .

A few pics

Curves cut + king planks ......suspect artificial retro fit . Same hull as mine fwiw .
    Bit too busy on the eyes all those curves a la JFM “. Gold std “

Modern Ferretti 62 solid teak deck ....note the fwd hatch position

Illustrating a crowned cockpit , There has to be a water flow to the sides and out .
    Last edited by Portofino; 08-11-19 at 07:20.

I note from your post that someone is in breach of Data Protection Regs by providing information to 3rd parties & can therefore only assume that you are a dealer? We have been in contact with the CEO, Warranty Manager & agent and will congratulate them on trying to resolve the matter. The point of my original post was to try to HELP identify the source of the leak.
    The first time the water came in, the rubbing strake was sealed, which appeared to solve the problem, however sadly not and the problem remained. Hopefully they have found the leak which they think was due to someone over drilling the fittings for the cockpit table leg. This still leaves us bewildered as this area doesnít get wet! The good news is they also discovered & cured the issue of water entering the central engine room bilge.
    As for your storm in a tea cup comment, had you had to wring out countless soaking wet towels from the bedroom over the last several weeks, and try to dry the wet bedroom carpet, to say nothing of the fabric and joinery which now need to be replaced, you might not make such a crass comment. I am amazed that, not having seen the boat, or spoken to the owner, you seem to be so well informed!

Quote Originally Posted by Portofino View Post
    Has it got teak side decks ?
    Remember Iíve seen them fitted .
    The T43 factory side decks are not held down with self tappers, they are vacuum fitted.

You've seen one retrofit and we have no idea of the discussions or circumstances that led to the side deck teak being fitted that way. Using self tappers, is not uncommon 'out in the field' (not just for Fairline). Remember that the screws will take the glue through on the threads and it's all sealed with caulking so shouldn't leak.

However, I certainly agree that I wouldn't want any holes drilled into my boat for cosmetic reasons (teak side decks being a pretty stupid idea regardless).

Quote Originally Posted by Portofino View Post
    Some prefer a more modernist straight look
    There's only one reason why I could shell out 50k for the foredeck upon purchase of a brand new Itama 75, and that's for NOT having any teak at all.

Having said that, I would agree that straight planks "flow" better on a boat like that, aesthetically.
    In fact, I would think it was a deliberate choice from the builder, rather than a cost cutting exercise.
    After all, if they find folks willing to pay 50k for such a 100% fugly option, they could as well have made it a 70k option and make it 95% fugly.
    Not to mention that if there's one think that can't be said of Ferretti, is that they lack good designers and/or the means for building a teak deck with curved planks...

Quote Originally Posted by Ahoy there View Post
    I note from your post that someone is in breach of Data Protection Regs by providing information to 3rd parties
    Welcome to the information society. You don't seriously think that a paperwork effort like the GDPR will ever limit the fact that whenever you post anything on the web you give up your privacy, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    teak side decks being a pretty stupid idea regardless
    Amen!
    Whenever we will consider establishing a club against teak on plastic boats, that might well become the official motto.

No we don't have teak side decks.

Not my privacy, but the idea that someone seems to "know" so much about our situation then rubbished it is frankly unacceptable. My GDPR comment was that someone somewhere is sharing information outside of this forum without our agreement. Hopefully you can understand this.

Many on here are well connected with fairline.

You made a relatively damning post with little detail and then let the debate continue with little or no update.

People messaged you and got no reply.

So may I suggest you look at how you could have contributed to the debate as opposed to banging on about your gdpr rights. The forum is staggeringly helpful but only if you participate.

Indeed many people have tried to help HOWEVER if you look at my original post I was simply asking a question to try to help the Fairline technicians who were struggling to find the source of the leak. I have not been damning but on the contrary grateful for the attempts made. Not sure why you feel the need to be so aggressive? I think we should call a halt to this unproductive discussion between ourselves.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast