Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Transat Jacques Vabre 2019, Hugo Boss first test

Quote Originally Posted by bbg View Post
    edit...

If it were me I would have the life raft on deck somewhere, ready to float free in the event of an inversion ...
    An inversion would be a tad inconvenient and probably scupper chances of getting her back to port under her own steam, but without the weight of the keel I don't suppose she'd sink particularly fast, if at all given her construction. Much like a multihull really. Heck, I don't even carry a liferaft although admittedly I'm not crossing oceans........

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto View Post
    No mention so far of the Transat Jacques Vabre? The first serious test of AT new machine
    About 30ish Imoca and 30ish Class40 left le Havre a couple of days ago, arrival is at Salvador, Brazil.
    A low pressure system has currently split the fleet in two, Alex Thomson took a hell of an option with a western route together with a few others, whereas the other racers are struggling with southerly winds around the Spain/Portugal area.

The tracker is here
    https://player.georacing.com/player_...lication_id=12

Attachment 81285

Alex admitted later the western route was chosen for him due to a badly torn sail. He really does attract a lot of bad luck

Quote Originally Posted by Triassic View Post
    An inversion would be a tad inconvenient and probably scupper chances of getting her back to port under her own steam, but without the weight of the keel I don't suppose she'd sink particularly fast, if at all given her construction. Much like a multihull really. Heck, I don't even carry a liferaft although admittedly I'm not crossing oceans........
    The use of the words "inconvenient and probably" make that possibly the most British post I've ever read!
    Allan
    Sailblogs.com search Brilliant with Hilary and Allan as crew. Password Bristol.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234