Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Marine 16 Diesel Dipper

Quote Originally Posted by NormanS View Post
    The bunker tankage on ships is often tanks forming an integral part of their bilges. Obviously, they also cannot have drains from the lowest parts of these tanks. What they do have, and what boats like your's would greatly benefit from, are "day use" tanks. In your case, this could be in the form of a modest tank, giving say a full day's motoring, installed at a higher level. The day use tank would be replenished from your main tank, by an electric or manual pump, and could even be arranged to give a gravity feed to the engine. The day use tank would be equipped with a small sump with a drain valve.
    Not possible without completely messing up the interior of the boat.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Thank you pvb - Facet and SSL look very promising as an alternative at a fraction of the cost. I will follow up.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipH View Post
    Well, reason three times is dirty fuel. Once in Northern Ireland in 2007, once in Indonesia in 2014, and once in the Caribbean in 2018, and despite using a top rated biocide.

Re the Diesel Dipper - the filter is 40 microns and does not "polish" the diesel. The purpose is to access the lowest point of the tank where water and crud accumulate as the normal fuel pick-up pipe is at a higher level, and allow the removal of said water and crud.

If anyone could suggest a suitable equivalent filter and pump it would be appreciated. Thank you.
    Finer filters are an option. You may notice I put polishing in inverted commas.
    Brexit: Taking back our freedom as a sovereign nation.

Quote Originally Posted by PCUK View Post
    Finer filters are an option. You may notice I put polishing in inverted commas.
    Yes, maybe. Will check out Facet and SSL first. I did not ask the guy at Marine 16 about finer filters.
    Thank you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123