Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pershing

Default Pershing

Iím trying to widen my search and quite like the look of these with their surface drives, there seems to be lots of models from 43ft to 56ft, never seen one close up, are they any good ?

Default Re: Pershing

Yes they are, generally speaking.
    As with any builder, some models are better than others, and some are available with either shafts or surface transmissions.

It's unusual to hear of someone who likes the latter for their look, though.
    Just curious, what is it exactly that you find attractive?
    Props protruding astern? Rooster tail? Big wash while maneuvering, to avoid the risk of not being noticed in marinas?...

P, In English when people say "quite like the look" of something, the look bit shouldn't always be taken literally.

Well, every day is a school day. Understood, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    P, In English when people say "quite like the look" of something, the look bit shouldn't always be taken literally.
    Brilliant

WHAT THE BRITISH SAY WHAT THE BRITISH MEAN WHAT FOREIGNERS UNDERSTAND
    I hear what you say I disagree and do not want to discuss it further He accepts my point of view
    With the greatest respect You are an idiot He is listening to me
    That's not bad That's good That's poor
    That is a very brave proposal You are insane He thinks I have courage
    Quite good A bit disappointing Quite good
    I would suggest Do it or be prepared to justify yourself Think about the idea, but do what you like
    Oh, incidentally/ by the way The primary purpose of our discussion is That is not very important
    I was a bit disappointed that I am annoyed that It doesn't really matter
    Very interesting That is clearly nonsense They are impressed
    I'll bear it in mind I've forgotten it already They will probably do it
    I'm sure it's my fault It's your fault Why do they think it was their fault?
    You must come for dinner It's not an invitation, I'm just being polite I will get an invitation soon
    I almost agree I don't agree at all He's not far from agreement
    I only have a few minor comments Please rewrite completely He has found a few typos
    Could we consider some other options I don't like your idea They have not yet decided
    Graham. "Scala" now sold. Boatless.

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    Yes they are, generally speaking.
    As with any builder, some models are better than others, and some are available with either shafts or surface transmissions.

It's unusual to hear of someone who likes the latter for their look, though.
    Just curious, what is it exactly that you find attractive?
    Props protruding astern? Rooster tail? Big wash while maneuvering, to avoid the risk of not being noticed in marinas?...
    The look of the boat not the drives, although the extra speed and economy of the drives appeal.

I fancy a 43 for my next boat but definitely with shafts not surface drives.

Yes they are “ good “:
    We viewed a few I liked them but the Admiral wasn’t keen on the gloss interior woodwork .
    I liked them well built etc .
    From 50 upwards you can have Arnies, although that particular model is available in straight shafts as well .
    In the Yards in the SoF they always seem to have ram leak issues and other maintenance work .
    So it depends on your attitude to maintenance and bid bills if you want to run Arnesons.
    They are MAN powered which is good in my book and the 43/46/and shaft 50 ,s would be my preference ,The 56 has a huge physical presence on Arnesons only and V engines so higher maintenance and fuel burn .
    If you plan on doing great long distance inter big Med island runs regularly then the L per mile figure for the Arnesons beats the shafts because of the greater speed / less drag = slightly more fuel efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Scala View Post
    Brilliant

WHAT THE BRITISH SAY WHAT THE BRITISH MEAN WHAT FOREIGNERS UNDERSTAND
    I hear what you say I disagree and do not want to discuss it further He accepts my point of view
    With the greatest respect You are an idiot He is listening to me
    That's not bad That's good That's poor
    That is a very brave proposal You are insane He thinks I have courage
    Quite good A bit disappointing Quite good
    I would suggest Do it or be prepared to justify yourself Think about the idea, but do what you like
    Oh, incidentally/ by the way The primary purpose of our discussion is That is not very important
    I was a bit disappointed that I am annoyed that It doesn't really matter
    Very interesting That is clearly nonsense They are impressed
    I'll bear it in mind I've forgotten it already They will probably do it
    I'm sure it's my fault It's your fault Why do they think it was their fault?
    You must come for dinner It's not an invitation, I'm just being polite I will get an invitation soon
    I almost agree I don't agree at all He's not far from agreement
    I only have a few minor comments Please rewrite completely He has found a few typos
    Could we consider some other options I don't like your idea They have not yet decided
    Oh my God!

I am really confused about English. Is this only happen to British or the whole English-speaking world?

Tell me which model and I can tell you a lot of things.

43 is best seller personally as a broker. Some models are better in shafts, others are better in surface drives. Most shaft models are sub 50.

Have a nice 43 (I think the best 43 currently in the market for condition) and a 50 with SDs available.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast