Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pershing

Default Re: Pershing

Quote Originally Posted by PowerYachtBlog View Post
    Tell me which model and I can tell you a lot of things.

43 is best seller personally as a broker. Some models are better in shafts, others are better in surface drives. Most shaft models are sub 50.

Have a nice 43 (I think the best 43 currently in the market for condition) and a 50 with SDs available.
    There are two 52’s that look interesting , both with MAN engines and surface drives, one 800’s and one 1050.

Apologies to the OP as I don't want to highjack your post....but curious how the new pershing 5X stacks up against the older models. I know the 5x is available in IPS so clearly aimed at broadening the potential customer base. Has Pershing kept its build quality and seakeeping credentials over time?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris H View Post
    There are two 52’s that look interesting , both with MAN engines and surface drives, one 800’s and one 1050.
    Both great boats. Given the opportunity, I would go for the larger engine model. Does 38-40 knots with 800, and 43-45 knots with the 1050hp, but both are fast.
    Possibly one of Pershing best hulls, in rough seas. There is not much not to like about the 52. Cruises nicely and can do over 300 nm with a tankful with the 800hp and cruising at 28 knots.

A friend of a client of mine both the 5X with IPS and is happy about it after two seasons.
    He had three Pershing before, 40, 54, and 62 and in between an Alfamarine 50 with shafts.
    He considers the 5X as good as the 62, and not as good as the 54 or the A50. His 54 was with 1200hp and Arnesons and is considered untouchable due to its perfect balance.

Quote Originally Posted by peterjaw View Post
    Oh my God!

I am really confused about English. Is this only happen to British or the whole English-speaking world?
    ďI would suggest thatĒ it is confined to England. The Scottish are far more direct. The Welsh and Irish just charm the socks off you.

how noisy is it in the cockpit of the Pershing 43 with the roof open and roof closed?
    I had a Fairline Targa 43 and it was difficult to talk over the engine noise.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerYachtBlog View Post
    Given the opportunity, I would go for the larger engine model. Does 38-40 knots with 800, and 43-45 knots with the 1050hp, but both are fast.
    W, was the 800 version powered by R6 or V8 engines?
    Weight saving should be relevant with the first, but appreciable also with the latter.
    Anyhow, I wouldn't fancy the 1050, which surely wasn't one of MAN best efforts.
    Earlier (non-CR) electronic control and V10 block (phased out just a few years later) is something I'd rather not have, in my boat.
    If speed is a priority, I'd rather consider a 54 with the V12 instead.

Quote Originally Posted by kashurst View Post
    how noisy is it in the cockpit of the Pershing 43 with the roof open and roof closed?
    I had a Fairline Targa 43 and it was difficult to talk over the engine noise.
    Under water exhausts really work .
    If mine rolls on rare occasions say crossing someoneís wake and the UE is exposed thereís an enormous roar .Fine momentarily, and sure I,am virtually stud on top as opposed the exit at the stern .But even if was to 1/2 that as regular stern open exit itís would after a while get too much .
    MAN ,s arenít on the RHS of the noise scale .They are on the far LHS .....low .
    My old La Nap neighbours ( Camargue 46 ) with VP 74 ,s is very noisy , and a friends Cranchi 48 Med with the same engines is equally as noisy .

With MAN,s + UW Exhausts you just get a bit of turbo whistle / whine .
    Thatís a 50;/50 thing personally I like it and many blokes as guests like it .Comes on about north of 1600 rpm .Perhaps it the general quietness of the set up that allows the turbo whistle to be heard .....dunno but itís nice .

For those in the U.K. just listen at the rail cars as they pull away from stand still they are MAN powered and you can here the whistle sound I refer to .

Obviously mines a soft top so thereís minimal resonance reflected back unlike a HT .
    We can hold a conversation without shouting but itís mostly due to the inherent quietness of the MAN s and the UW exhausts .

As you all know I,am a great advocate of try before you buy ......wet demo boat shows .
    Last edited by Portofino; 31-10-19 at 13:37.

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    W, was the 800 version powered by R6 or V8 engines?
    Weight saving should be relevant with the first, but appreciable also with the latter.
    Anyhow, I wouldn't fancy the 1050, which surely wasn't one of MAN best efforts.
    Earlier (non-CR) electronic control and V10 block (phased out just a few years later) is something I'd rather not have, in my boat.
    If speed is a priority, I'd rather consider a 54 with the V12 instead.
    52s always have V8, 50 was available was with R6 800s in shafts, and 900 or 1050 on surface drives. Few made with the later which only gave 2 or 3 knots more.
    Don't know about the 1050 reputation, a friend of mine had them for ten years on the Azimut 68, they never missed a beat for 2000 hours. His words not mine, but yes they have a bad reputation especially if you go on US forums.

43 is silent for wind noise u hear nothing. The defect of the 43 is the slow steering which can be reworked if you update the valves in the system.

How do they compare quality wise vs princess or sunseeker ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris H View Post
    How do they compare quality wise vs princess or sunseeker ?
    Take a trip down to the SoF and speak to Chris
    http://www.suncap.es/second-hand-sales/

They winter hanger a lot inland @ Cogolin .
    You can see them all out of the water in a private viewing and touch , feel yourself + ask the professionals .

There was a few helicopters and motor bikes in the hanger too .....kinda boys toy shop .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast