Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Mercury Yacht Harbour about to lose its Force 4 Chandlery?

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    not that different to shamrock which has a large chandlery. I wouldn't want to keep my boat at a marina without a chandlery. Annoys me enough when shamrock shuts on certain days in the winter.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by burgundyben View Post
    But its not on the same scale as Hamble Point, or Port Hamble or Swanwick.
    no, but then the shop at Mercury is quarter of the size with only one member of staff manning it.. its all to scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly625 View Post
    no, but then the shop at Mercury is quarter of the size with only one member of staff manning it.. its all to scale.
    Sadly, as I have to agree that I have also received exceptional service there, although it does indeed only have one member of staff it almost invariably has no customers whenever gone in.

Force 4 are IMHO missing a trick in their lack of a decent click and collect service which would build on their network of smaller outlets at Marinas. Apart from the unforeseen I now get what i need by using marine Superstore's click and collect system and diverting into Port Solent on the way down. F4 would be much more convenient but I'm not going to take a risk on their stock levels if I don't have to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12