Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: P'd off with Princess.

Hi Henryf,

My Passerelle looks to be very similar to yours. I'm not 100% sure whether mine was fitted pre delivery in La Nap or by Princess at the factory.

Is your Passerelle a factory installation?

Also, I believe you have a crew cabin whereas I have an open lazerette giving a clear line of sight over and behind the generator and in to the steering gear. My passerelle has a huge metal plate attaching the unit to the vertical transom but no such reinforcement under the ram foot.

Does your passerelle have any reinforcement under the RAM foot above your steering gear?

Do you know by any chance if there were different specs when ordering a passerelle from new from Princess? Did you have to specify a tender lift capability?

Sorry for all the questions.

Cheers,

James.

Quote Originally Posted by Boat2016 View Post
    Sorry but donít agree, why do you think he got what he deserves for trusting a professional in an area that he didnít understand ? thatís why a lot of people trust the so called professionals because they donít know themselves. As for not wanting teak yourself it doesnít mean that many others share that view, I personally prefer Flexiteek but donít have an issue with anyone else who prefers the real thing or even bare GRP.
    Let me put it this way: I always thought that anyone who subscribed Madoff funds got what they deserved.
    Unfortunately, we live in a world where if you rely on the "so called professionals" (in your own, rather appropriate, wording) without bothering to understand what they are doing on your behalf and with your own money, these things can and do happen.

You are of course free to think/hope differently - as you are with teak: I did say beforehand that it was my personal opinion, didn't I?

Quote Originally Posted by J12345T View Post
    Hi Henryf,

My Passerelle looks to be very similar to yours. I'm not 100% sure whether mine was fitted pre delivery in La Nap or by Princess at the factory.

Is your Passerelle a factory installation?

Also, I believe you have a crew cabin whereas I have an open lazerette giving a clear line of sight over and behind the generator and in to the steering gear. My passerelle has a huge metal plate attaching the unit to the vertical transom but no such reinforcement under the ram foot.

Does your passerelle have any reinforcement under the RAM foot above your steering gear?

Do you know by any chance if there were different specs when ordering a passerelle from new from Princess? Did you have to specify a tender lift capability?

Cheers,

James.
    I canít speak for princess but I have a squadron 58 with a similar paserelle.

The standard fit was circa 200kg. There was an option to goto 350 ( which I have ).

Pre the days of Williams ribs 200 kg was quite sufficient.

There is no viable upgrade path. A guy on the next pontoon had to get a Williams mini as there was no practical way to upgrade it

Thanks jrudge,

So I guess the upshot here is that you should be able to lift a 160kg (in my case) tender with a factory/dealer fitted passerelle that is rated for 450kg without breaking the structure of the boat?

Cheers,

James.

Iím fitting a passerelle soon (have already paid for it) so Iím very interested in this!
    Henry says that, while resting on the swim platform, the ram is attached to the transom. So how can it crush the platform without ripping the transom?
    Unless the OPís boat is attached to the platform and resting against the transom

Quote Originally Posted by J12345T View Post
    Hi Henryf,

My Passerelle looks to be very similar to yours.........

Cheers,

James.
    As far as I'm aware ours was a factory installation. I would have to take a look regarding reinforcement. The boat linked to earlier in this thread didn't look factory to me. The geometry of the ram close to the hinge looks very inefficient and it's pushing into the middle of a large panel.

What you don't know of course is previous use. Has the previous owner had something heavy like a jet ski on there and then had it bouncing around whilst suspended. Similarly with passerelle at full extension people standing on the end and jumping up and down whilst using as a diving platform or even getting on and off the boat could exert a high point load on the ram foot. Previously weakened by such activity you then finished it off.

I'm not on the boat but next time down there I'll try to take a look for you.

Henry

On my somewhat older and smaller Princess it took a day to remove all the structural reinforcing steelwork frame hidden away in the transom to prevent hull damage due to loads from davits..
    This was to support a very small inflatable indeed, appeared to be considerably over specced for the job it had to do.

This just in from Princess. The passerelle is NOT to be used for loading/unloading equipment ie. a tender. It is only to be used for the embarkation/ disembarkation of people. You can't stand on it, you can't lie on it to sunbathe and you can't fish off it.

So to every single Princess in the med with a passerelle and a tender and NO other way of loading/unloading. You're on your own; at least according to Princess..

Grr.

James.

That's beyond a joke.
    If anybody at Princess dared putting that in written, just post the content of his/her message here.
    I bet that someone else will step in, rather sooner than later, to set that straight.

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    That's beyond a joke.
    If anybody at Princess dared putting that in written, just post the content of his/her message here.
    I bet that someone else will step in, rather sooner than later, to set that straight.
    +1000

btw, if one stocky bloke wants to get up his Princess, what does he have to do, fly?
    120kg at the tip of the passerelle is more than lifting a 150kg tender with a 20hp motor.
    They probably didn't understand your q or an admin person replied?
    Last edited by vas; 04-11-19 at 09:49.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast