Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Default Re: P'd off with Princess.

Quote Originally Posted by vas View Post
    my AIRMAR passerelle
    R U sure, V?
    The only nautical-related Airmar company I'm aware of is the one who builds OEM transducers for most instruments suppliers, like Raymarine etc.
    There is an Arimar (2nd and 3rd letter inverted) in Italy, but afaik they never dealt with passerelles...

Really need some pics from Johnathan s boat showing the crashed foot from above and if possible what was under from the inside .
    Then if thereís a balsa or other core .....itís condition ...ie is it soaked .

There are loadsa Princess 50,s + just about ether other pass fixed bathing platform boat , using the pass as a tender crane .
    My sticker say 180kg Max . Tender 45 Kg + OB .
    Last edited by Portofino; 04-11-19 at 15:39.

Quote Originally Posted by vas View Post
    btw, if one stocky bloke wants to get up his Princess, what does he have to do, fly?
    What are you trying to say?
    Are you suggesting that Princess owners are fat gits.
    I speak from experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    What are you trying to say?
    Are you suggesting that Princess owners are fat gits.
    I speak from experience.

Unhappy Re: P'd off with Princess.

mike
    i dont think he's implying your a git Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    That's beyond a joke.
    If anybody at Princess dared putting that in written, just post the content of his/her message here.
    I bet that someone else will step in, rather sooner than later, to set that straight.
    Hi Mapis.

It's in the owners manual would you believe. Page 79 and 80 re the passerelle...

Unbelievable right?

Sounds like a retro fit. Can’t believe a Princess would fit one like that ....just to walk people about .
    Having said that they are bought in components so presume the first owner had a say in the spec ing ? Even so I wonder if he new or was aware it was a so called none crane version , if such a version exists .
    Anyhow it’s not the actual passerelle that’s broken it’s the boat ....suggesting a retro fit .
    I suspect Passerelle factory fits have necessary reinforcements where ever they are required to meet the passerelle lifting rating .

Often when you see the price of a passerelle as a stand alone and the manufacturers fitted option there’s twice or more the price .Probably because it’s not just a case of couple of guys opening a box and spending a day fitting , it a bit more involved the fibreglass guys , the lay up guys have to add the reinforcement etc etc , which you don’t see and cuts outs for control panels etc .Sort of pass prep kit .

Quote Originally Posted by NGM View Post
    It would be interesting to know if it did state that on the plate, I assumed he thought it was 450 but certainly seems less sure in post #21.
    It says 450kg capacity on the data plate but the lifting capacity is blank. So make of that what you will....

Cheers.

James.

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    Agreed.
    450kg on the data plate but the lifting capacity is blank..

But I need to emphasise that the passerelle is not the problem. It had no trouble at all doing the lifting. It was the deck that bowed in and made an awful cracking sound around the foot of the ram.

James.

Quote Originally Posted by Portofino View Post
    Really need some pics from Johnathan s boat showing the crashed foot from above and if possible what was under from the inside .
    Then if thereís a balsa or other core .....itís condition ...ie is it soaked .

There are loadsa Princess 50,s + just about ether other pass fixed bathing platform boat , using the pass as a tender crane .
    My sticker say 180kg Max . Tender 45 Kg + OB .
    Teak has literally JUST been replaced with marine deck. With all the old teak off the substrate was thoroughly inspected and found to be in good condition.

AS you can see there is a large metal plate holding the hinge area of the passerelle but not much in the way of reinforcement under the ram foot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast