Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Default Re: P'd off with Princess.

Looking at the photo that MapisM posted of James's boat i keep thinking that the geometry seems to extreme, i.e. the top of the ram is connected to the passarelle to close to the transom pivot point, giving an extreme leverage load ( maybe 6X 160 kg ?)at the foot of the ram, or has my brain just farted :-)

Quote Originally Posted by andy59 View Post
    Looking at the photo that MapisM posted of James's boat i keep thinking that the geometry seems to extreme, i.e. the top of the ram is connected to the passarelle to close to the transom pivot point, giving an extreme leverage load ( maybe 6X 160 kg ?)at the foot of the ram, or has my brain just farted :-)
    It looks pretty much exactly the same as Henryf's? Unless I'm missing something..

Cheers. James.

Will be interesting to see if Henry’s boat has reinforcements fitted, hope that yours is easily repaired .

Quote Originally Posted by andy59 View Post
    You're correct, brain is working fine. But actually that 6:1 isn't extreme. On a letterbox passerelle like mine it is literally 100:1, though not passed through the GRP boat structure of course. With heavy construction these loads and multiples are perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by J12345T View Post
    It looks pretty much exactly the same as Henryf's? Unless I'm missing something..

Cheers. James.
    How was the passerelle originally specced? Is there a possibility that it was ordered for pedestrian use only, or for tender lifting duties as well? (I've got a really faint recollection that I've seen something like this on an order form somewhere - but I might very well be wrong). If for pedestrian use only, would this explain why the lifting capacity on the data plate is absent?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_the_builder View Post
    How was the passerelle originally specced? Is there a possibility that it was ordered for pedestrian use only, or for tender lifting duties as well? (I've got a really faint recollection that I've seen something like this on an order form somewhere - but I might very well be wrong). If for pedestrian use only, would this explain why the lifting capacity on the data plate is absent?
    The Princess rep in Australia told me that there was only one spec for the passerelle. He is ex the Princess factory so probably should know what he's talking about; but you never know...

As far as I know, the specs for the passerelle come from the passerelle manufacturers. Have you tried contacting them?
    If Princess say it’s not for lifting, are they really saying that the swim platform is not for holding a tender?
    Neither a Leaver or Remainer be

Quote Originally Posted by J12345T View Post
    The Princess rep in Australia told me that there was only one spec for the passerelle. He is ex the Princess factory so probably should know what he's talking about; but you never know...
    I think in your position I'd want to get my hands on the original factory order for the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bouba View Post
    As far as I know, the specs for the passerelle come from the passerelle manufacturers. Have you tried contacting them?
    If Princess say it’s not for lifting, are they really saying that the swim platform is not for holding a tender?
    They're not saying that at all: the bathing platform is supplied with dinghy chock fittings as standard so there can be no question about that. But until it is definitively known how the passerelle ended up on this particular boat, it is hard to be definitive about where the responsibility for the fault lies. I think the apparent difference in installation between Henryf's boat and James's boat is significant.

I donít know about Princess but with Beneteau (as far as I know) all options (and a passerelle would be an option) are installed by the dealer. So different dealer, different option (I assume you can choose a longer passerelle etc) could lead to different installations. But some prep work (eg reinforcement) could be factory

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast