Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: broom ocean37 1973

I had a Webasto D4 fitted to my Ocean 37, which was fairly straightforward. I had vents in each of the heads, both cabins and the saloon. The complex bit was the Heatmiser, and it never worked properly. Webasto got involved to support the engineer, as the heater was 24v, but the Heatmiser needed 12v and there was a problem getting one to talk to the other. Nice to have the Heatmiser as it was also a frost-stat, as well as time/date. Nice to get to the boat on a Friday evening and it's already toasty...
    As previously said, pulls a lot of amps on startup, and will show up a dodgy battery quite quickly.

Excellent solid old boat that could take you anywhere in comfort.Ideal for both non tidal and coastal hops. ,( if slowly).
    We have got a couple of club boats crossing La Manche to Dunkerque next May.
    One tip do not dump any Chartplotters or NAV kit without checking first that it cannot be updated.
    Older stuff can still have a few years left.
    Had I listened to the local chandler all of my Raymarine my kit would have been in the bin.
    A very helpful outfit in Essex proved this was load of salesmans tosh and sorted out some new updated charts without problem.
    https://www.prscomms.co.uk/webshop/89-plus

Quote Originally Posted by Robin B View Post
    I had a Webasto D4 fitted to my Ocean 37, which was fairly straightforward. I had vents in each of the heads, both cabins and the saloon. The complex bit was the Heatmiser, and it never worked properly. Webasto got involved to support the engineer, as the heater was 24v, but the Heatmiser needed 12v and there was a problem getting one to talk to the other. Nice to have the Heatmiser as it was also a frost-stat, as well as time/date. Nice to get to the boat on a Friday evening and it's already toasty...
    As previously said, pulls a lot of amps on startup, and will show up a dodgy battery quite quickly.
    or dodgy connectors ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12