Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Car Hire Mallorca Airport

Use Autoreisen or Cicar, no CC deposit is held, both cars have complete CDW no if or buts, that's why they don't need to hold your CC deposit.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgit View Post
    assume no charge for the steering wheel ?
    That only applies if the car is petrol

I generally book through economycarrentals.com or Expedia. Generally better rates and especially with Expedia you have someone to call if the car hire company messes you about. Anyone hiring regularly would be well advised to get annual excess insurance from someone like worldwideinsure.com

+1 for Record. I use their “Just Go” option which includes full insurance and express line and still find prices cheaper or at worst comparable to the big brands basic offerings.

There were some issues with the Express Line ticketing system last year but they seem to have sorted it this year. Other than that no issues and straightforward to deal with.

A quick tip, if booking well in advance choose the pay on arrival option and then around 2-3 weeks before travel have another look at the website, prices are often significantly cheaper so I cancel the original booking and rebook this time paying in advance as you get extra discount.

I do that all the time. This half term the rate fell from eur 200 to eur 100 😊

Their all in option used to be expensive but is mostly good value now.

I do sometimes take a lesser option ( I have my own renters insurance ). You pay a e25 is “ fueling fee “ on top but sometimes the gap between the 2 rates is large.

In the summer I had a car for 3 weeks in August ( mostly parked at the dock ) for about euro 300 which was a deal.

They also now have a new app. It allows you to photo the car damage for an hour post rental which is a simple way to document issues without seeing a person.

As others have said. Don’t use goldcar. You will be waiting for longer than your flight time

I would add OK Cars to the don’t use list too!

I have used "Do You Spain" for many years and rented a Fiesta for 10 days from Alicante airport in September for around 13 euros IN TOTAL. I have my own excess insurance policy so am covered for the normal games that are played in the car hire business. This time of year the hire car companies have fields of cars doing nothing so just to have a customer stand in front of their desk that they can (hopefully) up sell insurance or an upgrade is good business practice.

I have just looked at car hire in Mallorca and total price for a 7 day hire is 22 cents IN TOTAL

Doyou spain.JPG

well worth a look at their website!!!

Yup. Good old record go.

They also allow 2 month hire ( the rest are 1 month )

Many on the island hire for winter for pennies

And don’t forget you get another 10% off if you are a member of their club ( free)
    Last edited by jrudge; 05-11-19 at 13:18.

Just returned last night after 7 days - Do You Spain - we paid £2.87, used our own insurance and there were no extras. Wait for it ......... it was Goldcar.

They also now have a new app. It allows you to photo the car damage for an hour post rental which is a simple way to document issues without seeing a person

Do you have a link for this app I use them a lot but haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere
    Thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast