Default Jeanneau NC9 or Beneteau Antares 9

Hi,

Looking at a second hand motorboat and narrowed it down to the Jeanneau NC9 or Beneteau Antares 9.

Thye both look 99% identical - the only difference being diesel inboard on Jeanneau and twin outboard on Antares.

Does anyone have any feedback/opinion/insight to help with my decision?!

Default Re: Jeanneau NC9 or Beneteau Antares 9

Hi,
    I considered both and viewed several boats.

Comfortable front facing seats for two people was very important for me so we rejected the NC9 for that reason, the front seat was very cramped for two people . I also dislike outdrives due to the huge ongoing maintenance cost.

We rejected the Beneteau ( assume you mean the new version ) as it is outboard driven , easy maintenance but not for me in a proper sea.

So in the end we stayed with Nimbus and went for the 305 Coupe , shaft driven with a great reliable diesel inboard.

Just off the Clyde just now. Looking to get back on.

Default Re: Jeanneau NC9 or Beneteau Antares 9

I have looked at both NC11 and NC9 and liked both. NC11 has the twin D3 engines which have their own problems. Provided you look after the DPH drive on the NC9 things should be alright maintenance is everything. NC9 great storage lots of vision all round good social area and a side door which I think is a real bonus. Second berth is a little narrow. Look for the best specifications and service history. Frugal engine. They are on my watch list.