Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tilley hats

Default Tilley hats

My Tilley (which I bought 5 or 6 years ago) came out of the washing machine with the crown half torn off.

I have just received a brand new one worth £85 under their lifetime guarantee.

That's service! Also they are superb to wear.

Default Re: Tilley hats

+1. They replaced mine at half price after I lost it overboard. Excellent service.
    I probably could have recovered it but we were the lead boat in a race and I had to decide whether to win the race or go back for my hat.

A highlight of a visit to Dartmouth last winter was finding a lovely little shop that did boating sewing - bags etc - AND sold Tilley hats. Great range of colours and sizes. The wife and I each came out with new , smart ones that actually fitted. Very dashing!!
    One question though: with Brexit imminent is it disloyal to the UK to keep some Euros in the crown? We sail mostly in the Med.

Quote Originally Posted by Praxinoscope View Post
    +1. They replaced mine at half price after I lost it overboard. Excellent service.
    I probably could have recovered it but we were the lead boat in a race and I had to decide whether to win the race or go back for my hat.
    Me too. You only get one half-price replacement though - they come with the faux "insurance policy" removed from the booklet in the crown pocket

In our case we failed to recover it because the person detailed to watch and point didn't have his contacts in, didn't think to tell anyone he couldn't really see anything outside the guardrail, and just sat there vaguely pointing into the distance until we asked how far away the hat he was looking at was...

Pete

Has anybody tried the Tilley Beau Geste?

Quote Originally Posted by dancrane View Post
    Has anybody tried the Tilley Beau Geste?
    Does it affect one's handicap when racing?
    LM Owners Association http://lmowners.proboards.com

Probably unfair, but I always associate Tilley hats with beards, and sandals worn with socks.
    "Brexit: like watching a library being burned down by people who can't read"

I bought mine in 1993 and has protected my head from all weathers on every continent except Antarctica. It finally fell apart this summer and was replaced FOC, no quibble. If only Tilley made foul weather clothing for yachties.

Quote Originally Posted by Poignard View Post
    Probably unfair, but I always associate Tilley hats with beards, and sandals worn with socks.
    Saucy sod. I’ll have you know mine is accessorised with green wellies or hobnail boots
    Be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Champagne Murphy View Post
    Saucy sod. I’ll have you know mine is accessorised with green wellies or hobnail boots

Sorry, my remark was unkind.
    "Brexit: like watching a library being burned down by people who can't read"

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast