Default River Thames Guide App - great news for ANDROID users

Android users of the River Thames Guide will recall that the ability to show your current location on the interactive map was withdrawn some time ago. This was to avoid an unknown error causing the app to lock and need a restart.

Finding the cause has been difficult - despite other developers seeing the same problem no solutions were available.

But, without filling the thread with techie stuff, I am please to report that the issue is fixed and Android users once again have access to 'where am I' on the interactive map.

This fix is available along with the other updates reported in my earlier thread.
    Jeff Maynard
    Author of the British Marine app, River Thames Guide

Default Re: River Thames Guide App - great news for ANDROID users

Brilliant news, top work!

Used the app in anger over the Summer on our Thames visit, absolutely brilliant but being unable to geo-locate was an annoying niggle so great to hear it's been resolved.

Congratulations - great result!

Quote Originally Posted by Rascal Joe View Post
    Android users of the River Thames Guide will recall that the ability to show your current location on the interactive map was withdrawn some time ago. This was to avoid an unknown error causing the app to lock and need a restart.

Finding the cause has been difficult - despite other developers seeing the same problem no solutions were available.

But, without filling the thread with techie stuff, I am please to report that the issue is fixed and Android users once again have access to 'where am I' on the interactive map.

This fix is available along with the other updates reported in my earlier thread.
    Do you have a link to the app?

Quote Originally Posted by st599 View Post
    Do you have a link to the app?
    Links for all versions of Rive rThames Guide can be found in the Downloads section of the support site
    Jeff Maynard
    Author of the British Marine app, River Thames Guide