Default ENO oven with grill

I'm interested to hear if anyone has had problems with their ENO Gascogne ovens in that the control knobs get very hot and difficult to use (even turn off) when specifically the oven is used. Thanks. PM if you need to.

Default Re: ENO oven with grill

Sorry to promote this again but I guess if no one is having an issue it IS only me.

I have an eno oven but not this problem. Knackered door or seal? If it’s the grill then there is a pull out guard at the top to deflect the heat

Quote Originally Posted by Homer J View Post
    I have an eno oven but not this problem. Knackered door or seal? If it’s the grill then there is a pull out guard at the top to deflect the heat
    Possibly - it is still under (French) warranty and the reseller has some sloping shoulders. Currently dangerous to use in this condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Caladh View Post
    I'm interested to hear if anyone has had problems with their ENO Gascogne ovens in that the control knobs get very hot and difficult to use (even turn off) when specifically the oven is used. Thanks. PM if you need to.
    We have a very old original one and have had issues with the oven control knob getting hot and stiff.

I have an ENO Grande Large with 3 burners, oven and grill. Hob and oven I'm pleased with except the oven buttons do get extremely hot when using the oven. Grill is pretty rubbish but it does have a deflector plate to keep the oven buttons cooler when the door is open. It that's the same as you then you're not alone.
    My biggest issue is the press button ignition failed on all burners bar 1 inside 18 months. Overall I'm a little disappointed

I have a twenty year old ENO and all fine with grill and knobs

Quote Originally Posted by Pasarell View Post
    I have an ENO Grande Large with 3 burners, oven and grill. Hob and oven I'm pleased with except the oven buttons do get extremely hot when using the oven. Grill is pretty rubbish but it does have a deflector plate to keep the oven buttons cooler when the door is open. It that's the same as you then you're not alone.
    My biggest issue is the press button ignition failed on all burners bar 1 inside 18 months. Overall I'm a little disappointed
    Pasarell - I guess the oven doesn't get used in Greece!! However - how old is your oven ? Yes I also have the grill and deflector plate which does keep the knobs from getting hot. The last time we used the oven I had to get a pair of pliers on the knob to turn it off......