Thread: Seamaster 925

Default Seamaster 925

Any thoughts on this boat folks?
    Our plans were to stick with our Leisure 23SL for a few years and then upgrade to the dream / forever 38 ft+ boat and set off for an adventure with the kids.
    However we are finding the L23 a bit of a tight squeeze and thinking of getting something more comfortable in the interim until we head off.
    Maybe this is a fool's errand and we should save our money and shut up / put up till we get the big boat?
    As usual, thoughts and insults appreciated
    David
    Someone more informed will come along any minute

Default Re: Seamaster 925

Quote Originally Posted by dolabriform View Post
    Any thoughts on this boat folks?
    Our plans were to stick with our Leisure 23SL for a few years and then upgrade to the dream / forever 38 ft+ boat and set off for an adventure with the kids.
    However we are finding the L23 a bit of a tight squeeze and thinking of getting something more comfortable in the interim until we head off.
    Maybe this is a fool's errand and we should save our money and shut up / put up till we get the big boat?
    As usual, thoughts and insults appreciated
    David
    Hi David

Myself and my girlfriend bought one recently. However I can't really help much because I've never sailed on another boat and don't really know anything about boats.
    I've met a few other 925 owners who are very complimentary about them. They tell me they were well made and to a good specification.
    There are a few other threads on the forum about them as well.
    Cheers

Yachtsnet archives is worth a look see here:

http://yachtsnet.co.uk/archives/seam...master-925.htm

Some friends have one & I've sailed with them a few times, it's a whole world of difference from a Leisure 23 as I'm sure you're well aware. They're heavier than newer boats of the same size so a bit less flighty and has more room than most of its contemporaries so would certainly suit your purposes. If you can find one that doesn't need any big ticket items replacing and keep it well then I'd have thought it shouldn't be too difficult to sell it on when you're ready...

I've had one for the past 15 years - it's brilliant (IMHO): solidly built, will sail through pretty much anything that the weather can throw at it, easy to sail short/single handed, spacious for its length, dry, reasonably speedy. Only downside: it's tricky in reverse. You are unlikely to regret buying one.
    Jonathan / Aeolus

Quote Originally Posted by Aeolus View Post
    I've had one for the past 15 years - it's brilliant (IMHO): solidly built, will sail through pretty much anything that the weather can throw at it, easy to sail short/single handed, spacious for its length, dry, reasonably speedy. Only downside: it's tricky in reverse. You are unlikely to regret buying one.
    Thanks Jonathon, may I ask what the headroom is like for someone who is 6ft?
    Someone more informed will come along any minute

I'm 5'9 and can stand upright throughout the main cabin. I need to bend my head forward a bit in the heads and forward cabin. I suspect that at 6', you'll need to duck a little in the main cabin too.
    Jonathan / Aeolus

Have PMed you
    Jonathan / Aeolus

A very good design heritage H & P have designed many fine yachts, and from what i have seen they dont change owners very often, and that is a good recommendation.
    No personal experience of the 925 although i have been aboard 2 but a some time ago.
    Go for it, you only live once