Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Default Re: A tale fo my UK friends about nasty bighties

Quote Originally Posted by davidjackson View Post
    I was trying to think of an exotic and idyllic UK location and Great Yarmouth sprang to mind from my childhood
    I too spent several childhood holidays in Great Yarmouth and loved it. The pier! The theatre where my parents took me to see Dick Emery! Rock in the shape of eggs and bacon! Naughty postcards! Arcades!

They have camel rides on Broome's cable beach but north of there there's not really any attractions to speak of

beach.jpg

Default Re: A tale fo my UK friends about nasty bighties

Quote Originally Posted by davidjackson View Post
    I was trying to think of an exotic and idyllic UK location and Great Yarmouth sprang to mind from my childhood
    Ten years ago I stayed for work in Great Yarmouth hotel where the bar was open from 5.55 - 6.20 only and you had to specify which four cooked items you wanted for breakfast at least twelve hours in advance. I kept expecting John Cleese to show up.

I was twice in Pt Bannatyne the week before last. About as remote from Greater Manchester as the Andaman and Nicobar Islands but without poisonous beasties
    Hah. You should come back in the summer and try the old tramway walk behind the playing fields. Technically the wee beasties may not be poisonous, but they'll strip the flesh from your bones like flying piranhas.
    "Seamen are always wanting to do things the proper way; and I like to do them my way."

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456