Default New depth gauge replacement for Navico es120

Hi all, - Im quite new to boating (3 months total experience)

My existing set up consists of a Navico es120 & Navico DS160 Depth mounted to the dash, they seemed to be linked together as the DS160 LCD only comes on once i power up the ES120.

I am looking to replace this setup with a newer device, hopefully one that will show an image of the seabed as well as depth, (similar to fish finders)
    Devices i have in the dash are pictured:
    ES120
    182229-163921.jpg
    DS160
    navico-ds160-depth-sounder-4990-p.png
    My boat:
    103220302gallery_wm.jpg

As said above, i think these two are connected, the DS160 LCD changes its digits when moving the dials on the ES120, Would they both be running from the same transducer or each separate? Does any one happen to know if there are any newer devices that i could just swap out without having to replace the transducer and cabling?

If not, are the transducer sizes pretty generic ? How easy are they to replace? I have not yet checked how its connected under the seating in the bow.

Any help is appreciated!

Default Re: New depth gauge replacement for Navico es120

Hi all,

Update : It seems that the DS160 is wired directly into the ES120, i traced the transducer cable to the engine bay and there was nothing attached lol so ignore my above post.

My question is now, I have two holes in the hull at the bow (shown in pic1), under the water line, shown below. I looked inside the boat and found two tap's(one shown in pic 2) which look like they are in the same position on the inside as the holes on the outside, can any one advise what these are for? And if indeed the taps are linked to the holes in the outside of the hull.

Would i be able to utilize one of these for a thru hull inducer?

Pic 1:
    thumbnail_IMG_3747.jpg
    pic 2:
    thumbnail_IMG_3732.jpg

And on another stupid note, Any idea what this is hanging off the transom? I thought it could be a speed sensor?
    thumbnail_IMG_3745.jpg

The taps are seacocks. Something would have been connected at some point. Strange they are blanked off. No good for a transducer location as up near the bow, a transducer won’t drop into a seacock etc....

If you not going to need the seacocks, I’d have them removed and glassed in. Currently it’s a hole in the boat and if the seacock breaks due to corrosion....a bad day.

Looks like a speed sender. Is there a paddle wheel at the end.

What boat is it?

Hi, thanks for replying,

Its as sunseeker portofino xps 21. Both are blanked off, I can only assume they linked to the holes on the outside? No idea what could have been connected before, the holes on the outside look much wider than the sea cocks that have been blanked off. But the are "above them", Im guessing its a double skinned hull?

The speed sender sounds like what it is, traced it back to the speed gauge on the dash, - which is in MPH! It does not work either!.

see below for more pics, could I wonder how these are use, as they seem perfect size to fit a transducer, at least on the outside?

thumbnail_IMG_3072 (1).jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3073.jpg

thumbnail_eda51470-20a8-4274-a832-7e7d407d75ff.jpg

Seacocks Would have been for a sea toilet underneath a cushion in the bow.

One for water in.....one for water plus stuff out. Maybe the swapped in for chemical loo or removed it. Could be reinstated if you wanted to.

Thanks for the reply much apprecaited!