Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default More bug huggery

This document is being published and potentially adopted by councils across out patch.

https://www.braintree.gov.uk/downloa..._document_2019

It seems that the self interested lot are allowed free reign to demand anything they like and that public sector types roll over.
    Last edited by Tomahawk; 11-11-19 at 16:58.
    Life is too short to drink bad wine.

East coast UK. Mostly. Sometimes the Philippines

Default Re: More bug huggery

I thought Braintree had about as much sea coast as Bohemia?

Indeed it has no coast..
    But it is preparing a Local Plan together with Colchester and Tendring who both have quite extensive coast..

The same document should be available on the respective web sites.

Ahhh. Thanks!

I'm curious, what do you actually object to in the document. Or do you just get wound up by such things on general principles?

'Cos I've had a quick speed read and I really can't see anything to lose any sleep over. Without checks and controls the very thing that attracts me, and presumably many others, to spend my leisure time on (and off) the local coast (and thus transfer significant amounts of my disposable income into the local economy) would be damaged if not lost altogether

Am I misreading this? I read it as 'Environment' trumps 'Development'. Given the problems in the region of over development could this be good?
    www.crossingthethamesestuary.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bru View Post
    I'm curious, what do you actually object to in the document. Or do you just get wound up by such things on general principles?

'Cos I've had a quick speed read and I really can't see anything to lose any sleep over. Without checks and controls the very thing that attracts me, and presumably many others, to spend my leisure time on (and off) the local coast (and thus transfer significant amounts of my disposable income into the local economy) would be damaged if not lost altogether
    I object to a very small but vociferous group of people being given rights and priveledges over the vast majority of people. This document is being published in response to a single intrest presure group getting their hobby onto the statute books.

I would think most people would get upset if jet skiiers or day fishermen had rights over everyone else. Yet when the eco mob demand restrictions over other people, it,s all fine and dandy. Yet the eco mob are a tiny port of the population as a whole. ... indeed active eco buggers are probably fewer in number than sailors.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk View Post
    I object to a very small but vociferous group of people being given rights and priveledges over the vast majority of people. This document is being published in response to a single intrest presure group getting their hobby onto the statute books.

I would think most people would get upset if jet skiiers or day fishermen had rights over everyone else. Yet when the eco mob demand restrictions over other people, it,s all fine and dandy. Yet the eco mob are a tiny port of the population as a whole. ... indeed active eco buggers are probably fewer in number than sailors.
    Interesting viewpoint

And yet ...

Are you happy then if the Crouch and Orwell end up resembling the River Hamble?

Would you be happy to see the environment needed by the seals and the birds etc and so on destroyed by commercial exploitation?

Can you live with Hamford Water being turned into a leisure theme park?

I;m not sure where you get the link between this document and a single pressure group anyway, I think that is in your mind (and I share your dislike of the RSPB!)

Not do I see any proposals to significantly restrict or impact upon our current level of activities (although I concede that some restrictions may become, indeed may already, be necessary)

Without protection, the coastal environment we love and enjoy will ultimately cease to be the coastal environment we love and enjoy

And as the population inevitably grows, the pressure on such environments grows too. Leave it to market forces, fail to protect our environment and heritage, and next thing you know it will be gone

Does the leisure and pleasure of a relatively modest number of people take precedence over preserving and maintaining the environment and heritage of the British Isles

Agree with Bru.

I do as well. I appreciate at first sight it feels rather like 'another eco backlash' but if the document is balanced (and I am not commenting upon whether it is as fair and as good as it could be) I think it quite important. The object of the document is:

"This Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) focuses on the mitigation that is necessary to protect the wildlife of the Essex coast from the increased visitor pressure associated with new residential development in combination with other plans and projects, and how this mitigation will be funded."
    www.crossingthethamesestuary.com

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast