Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 229
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    36,413

    Default Re: Greta Thunberg is crossing the Atlantic on Vagabond.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ohlin Karcher View Post
    Bollocks. It happens anyway with or without humans, or industry.. or the witterings of demented cult-followers.
    Anti-science lunacy Mr. Washer.

    The demented cult followers are the people like you who follow the twisted prophets of the denialist cult.


    - W

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Shotley
    Posts
    951

    Default Re: Greta Thunberg is crossing the Atlantic on Vagabond.

    Quote Originally Posted by webcraft View Post
    Anti-science lunacy Mr. Washer.

    The demented cult followers are the people like you who follow the twisted prophets of the denialist cult.


    - W
    You are on fine form this evening
    "Now shall the gentleman haul and draw with the mariner"
    John Hawkins

  3. #93
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    UK East Coast
    Posts
    37,186

    Default Re: Greta Thunberg is crossing the Atlantic on Vagabond.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kukri View Post
    As opposed to campaigning at the United Nations. Well, of course. Silly girl not to see that.
    China and India have, for some years, resisted the UN's attempts to persuade them to clean up their act. Why should the ramblings of a silly girl at the UN persuade them? She needs to campaign in China and India, gain media coverage, help to change opinions, raise pressure on governments.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    242

    Default Re: Greta Thunberg is crossing the Atlantic on Vagabond.

    just how naive can a person be.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    South Coast UK
    Posts
    2,966

    Default Re: Greta Thunberg is crossing the Atlantic on Vagabond.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Ballad View Post
    Steve is in Cape Verde, waiting to push off going by his facebook posts on his page.

    https://www.facebook.com/sailingabou...bigbluewobbly/
    Thanks that's good to hear, I'm not on FB. I did enjoy his videos...

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Hopefully somewhere warm
    Posts
    9,817

    Default Re: Greta Thunberg is crossing the Atlantic on Vagabond.

    Quote Originally Posted by V1701 View Post
    If anyone would like a refreshing break either from the commercial Youtube bikini lifestyle sailing channels or this thread they are welcome to check out my cack-handed attempts at sail vlogging at the link below. Think Wandering Steve (who we still haven't heard from in a long time, anyone know anything?) but stuck in the UK..

    Ducks for cover
    Well I'll watch

    Good on you for putting it out there for all to see

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    The Northern Powerhouse
    Posts
    3,214

    Default Re: Greta Thunberg is crossing the Atlantic on Vagabond.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ohlin Karcher View Post
    Bollocks. It happens anyway with or without humans, or industry.. or the witterings of demented cult-followers.
    This is correct. Over millennia fluctuations in the sun’s output have resulted in far greater variations in temperature than caused by CO2, which anyway is only a very small contributor to global warming. Water vapour is by far the most important greenhouse gas and people don’t contribute to its level almost at all.

    Not to say we shouldn’t reduce our CO2 where it is viable to do so. I don’t like that we send our money abroad, especially to the Middle East or Russia and that is reason enough to cut it down. Plus it will run out before too long, so we may as well start making plans now.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    East coast UK. Mostly. Sometimes the Philippines
    Posts
    10,428

    Default Re: Greta Thunberg is crossing the Atlantic on Vagabond.

    Quote Originally Posted by webcraft View Post
    Anti-science lunacy Mr. Washer.

    The demented cult followers are the people like you who follow the twisted prophets of the denialist cult.

    - W
    Exactly

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    East coast UK. Mostly. Sometimes the Philippines
    Posts
    10,428

    Default Re: Greta Thunberg is crossing the Atlantic on Vagabond.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zing View Post
    This is correct. Over millennia fluctuations in the sun’s output have resulted in far greater variations in temperature than caused by CO2, which anyway is only a very small contributor to global warming. Water vapour is by far the most important greenhouse gas and people don’t contribute to its level almost at all.

    Not to say we shouldn’t reduce our CO2 where it is viable to do so. I don’t like that we send our money abroad, especially to the Middle East or Russia and that is reason enough to cut it down. Plus it will run out before too long, so we may as well start making plans now.
    I am staggered that anyone comes up with this twaddle in 2019.

    There’s an awful lot of gammon on this forum.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    in limbo at the mo.
    Posts
    7,861

    Default Re: Greta Thunberg is crossing the Atlantic on Vagabond.

    [QUOTE=webcraft;6973566]Bollocks. Excessive production of CO2 is the main cause.

    Bollocks! with half as many people, CO2 production would be reduced.

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest YBW News

Find Boats For Sale

to
to