Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast

Default Re: Greta Thunberg is crossing the Atlantic on Vagabond.

Quote Originally Posted by pvb View Post
    I somehow think that Greta's presence on Vagabonde won't be quite as interesting as Sjana's recent visit...

Attachment 81783
    Well unlike the scowling Miss Thunburg, Sjana's is laughing & smiling

Unfortunately I fear Kukri has formed his rather jaundiced opinion upon reading some rather distasteful and assumptions opinions from the many “ bawbags “ ( what a wonderfully descriptive term ) who poured their venomous tripe in Nandjis “ comments “ before someone’s good taste had them removed . , ( I could even believe that he was one of the milder contributors )

As for pvb, I guess that depends on ones individual choice in trivial voyeurisim

Quote Originally Posted by cherod View Post
    Unfortunately I fear Kukri has formed his rather jaundiced opinion upon reading some rather distasteful and assumptions opinions from the many “ bawbags “ ( what a wonderfully descriptive term ) who poured their venomous tripe in Nandjis “ comments “ before someone’s good taste had them removed . , ( I could even believe that he was one of the milder contributors )
    What responsible parent would condone allowing their 16 yo daughter to transit the North Atlantic W>E in winter aboard a small yacht

Quote Originally Posted by Poignard View Post
    A Gammon speaks.
    Would you care to give us your ethnicity and self assigned gender, if you would be so kind?

Or let their 15 year old daughter set a record for sailing round the world single handed , probably one who knows their offspring better than someone who has never met them but still “ knows better “.

East coast UK. Mostly. Sometimes the Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by cherod View Post
    Hang on a moment:

I don’t know what I have done to upset you.

1. I wrote that I didn’t know what people were talking about and Doug very kindly explained what you were talking about. You are now crediting me with reading, and then posting remarks to, a blog or whatever it is before I knew of its existence, so you are implying that I was lying. Please don’t do that. I wasn’t

2. I didn’t know that I had a jaundiced opinion. I just said that one of the scarcest commodities in sailing is a girl who looks good in a bikini and is competent in a boat.

3. The only YouTube people in sailing whom I had come across were the admirable Leo Goolden who is rebuilding Tally Ho and the people who make Sailing Uma whose opinion of the Backtow lifejacket I share (and that wasn’t a commercial endorsement).
    Last edited by Kukri; 16-11-19 at 00:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Harry View Post
    Well unlike the scowling Miss Thunburg, Sjana's is laughing & smiling
    Let’s have more of Sjana and less of Grater. Sjana also has much more to offer than just a smile.

East coast UK. Mostly. Sometimes the Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by Zing View Post
    Let’s have more of Sjana and less of Grater. Sjana also has much more to offer than just a smile.
    I’ve got a Harken one touch winch handle already. The downside is that it doesn’t fit in a standard winch pocket. The upside is that I can look forward to getting a very pretty girl - or have I got that wrong..

Quote Originally Posted by Kukri View Post
    I’ve got a Harken one touch winch handle already. The downside is that it doesn’t fit in a standard winch pocket. The upside is that I can look forward to getting a very pretty girl - or have I got that wrong..
    I don’t know. Did you mean you have a handle on a one touch wench maybe? Id suggest to post again in the morning when the Scotch has worn off.

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast