Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    SE UK
    Posts
    1,409

    Default Re: Need experienced sailor for boat relocation

    Some very sound advice on here for an inexperienced sailor, but it's not exactly a positive encouraging message for a new sailor to hear is it? The passage is not actually that demanding if approached in the right conditions with a little preparation and it seems to me that the OP is at least trying to make sure they get the support to see if that could happen.

    The forecast and tides for this coming Friday and Saturday actually make this trip a genuine possibility. The high tide is a little bit late in the day but it should allow time to get off the mud in Maldon with two or three hours of daylight left to get down to Bradwell marina for the night. An early start the next morning on the last of the ebb will get you down to the Spitway in time to ride the flood up to the Medway, even the wind on Saturday is looking to have plenty of East in it, and not to strong either.

    The only reservation I would have is that looking at the boat on the Ebay add you're probably going to want a bit more than Friday morning to rig and check it over so you need to be up there Thursday to do that, and then you can get a test sail in Thursday afternoon. Good luck.

    Just to add, I'm not suggesting you attempt this on your own, you need someone on board who is confident with the sailing aspect and who knows the waters. What I am saying is that a passage is not out of the question and suitable conditions do arise even at this time of the year.
    Last edited by Triassic; 27-11-19 at 11:49. Reason: clarification

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Benfleet, Essex/Keswick, Cumbria
    Posts
    1,935

    Default Re: Need experienced sailor for boat relocation

    Good post, I think there was a quite a bit of doom and gloom, he was never intending to do it himself, and is well aware he doesn't have the knowledge to try it, hence asking for some help.
    I offered to sail with the op to get it back for him, but then went and done my back in. It was dependant on us checking out the boat together one day and then waiting for the appropriate weather window. I left him a message on his mobile but never heard back, so perhaps he found a trailer of some kind.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest YBW News

Find Boats For Sale

to
to