Thread: Vp md2020b

Default Vp md2020b

I've just removed this engine to be able to change the sail drive gaiter and thought I might as well give the engine a clean up as well. On removing the air intake I've found that there is no filter - just two plates perforated with 3mm holes about 30mm apart. Can anyone tell me if this is correct or should there be some sort of filter between these plates?

Default Re: Vp md2020b

Have a look here ..https://www.marinepartseurope.com/en...0-25-3109.aspx

Sounds like someone has fitted their own design rather than a standard filter. Others do use a full flow conical air filter ( k&n the boy racer type ones ) from motor factors rather than the pricey volvo spare.
    Now Sailing Bluenote II Hanse 301 based Y Felinheli Dock.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveA View Post
    I've just removed this engine to be able to change the sail drive gaiter and thought I might as well give the engine a clean up as well. On removing the air intake I've found that there is no filter - just two plates perforated with 3mm holes about 30mm apart. Can anyone tell me if this is correct or should there be some sort of filter between these plates?
    ITYWF that it depends on the type of air intake fitted,

The type shown in the manuals , and the link above, does ( obviously). Replacement filters if needed are about £35 from Keypart
    MD 2020 air cleaner.jpg

AFAICS the type you have , and shown in this link, does not.
    https://www.marinepartseurope.com/en...0-25-2426.aspx
    Last edited by VicS; 16-11-19 at 19:06.

Thanks Vic - I've the marinepartseurope type but it says that its a filter retainer - yet there isn't a filter! Following on from a different thread I find it amazing that a 30mm square bit of perforated plate should cost over£30!