Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Engraving/etching Wood?

Quote Originally Posted by reallycoliholic View Post
    If you're renaming, then I may be able to help. Got a box with Chateauneuf Du Pape burned into it. Reckon that could do it
    Tempting... very tempting
    "Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect."

Sail on the Medway, Kent from Chatham Maritime Marina

My comment is you should tell her that anything that removes the surface will mean it will trap dirt. Get a veneer cut in or have the name cut in vinyl - but ask for it in outline then spray paint the name and varnish over.
    If my foresight was as good as my hindsight, I would be a multi-millionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by KevO View Post
    So, I made the mistake of letting SWMBO aboard my new (to me) Sadler 34 today and she noted that the removable centre panel of the saloon table (bottle storage) is missing. I made a further mistake of taking her for lunch in the nearby pub and as I was at the bar ordering, and she was sitting perusing the decor she espied a wall display of ‘etched’ (branded?) wine box sides that were mounted above the bar. I swear I heard the idea hit home in her brain from 8 feet away!

“Wouldn’t it be nice if the new insert was etched with the boat name, Skylark’ in the same font as is used on the bow and transom? ... oh, and it could have the same picture/graphic of the skylark that’s on the bow too couldn’t it?. I’d really like that, don’t you think it would look nice blah blah blah ... “ all through lunch and most of the afternoon.

How the heck do I get that done? Isn’t it called pyrography? I can see me making a real pig’s ear out of that...
    Laser engraver, cut profile, burn name, varnish see Jenny @ Cut by Beam www,cutbybeam.co.uk up at @ Argal

Brian
    Kddpowercentre VASR charge

Quote Originally Posted by halcyon View Post
    Laser engraver, cut profile, burn name, varnish see Jenny @ Cut by Beam www,cutbybeam.co.uk up at @ Argal

Brian
    I shall make contact with them as suggested. Many thanks all!
    "Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect."

You mention a centre panel.

Our Sadler 32 has this but in two sections. Makes it much easier to extract a bottle, if you know where it is.

This pyrography thing. Sounds like what we used to do as kids in sunlight using a magnifying glass!

Quote Originally Posted by James_Calvert View Post
    You mention a centre panel.

Our Sadler 32 has this but in two sections. Makes it much easier to extract a bottle, if you know where it is.

This pyrography thing. Sounds like what we used to do as kids in sunlight using a magnifying glass!
    Basically the same, but uses a CNC laser instead.

Brian
    Kddpowercentre VASR charge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12