Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Kingsferry Bridge kaput

I had visions of one chain block on each corner. Just like Jim Brett used to lift boats onto his trailer

Pretty certain I heard somebody this afternoon (Sunday 17th )talking to Peel Ports and announcing that they about to depart Grovehurst.

Home-Sidcup, boat-Lower Halstow, Kent, England

I went through in September and it took 3 attempts to "release the latches." it was said a few years ago that it was the motors that were worn out causing them to overheat in hot weather. A contract was in place to replace them. The contractor pulled out, it was reported due to the devaluation of the £ due to Brexit.

Home-Sidcup, boat-Lower Halstow, Kent, England

I have been over the bridge today by car. There was 5 or 6 Transit type vans, a lorry with loads of scaffold boards and a huge mobile generator with cables feeding in to the Island side tower. They certainly seem to have started investigating.

Just spoke to Medway VTS and they state the bridge is opening as normal as they have had ship transits today. My enquiry with Network rail earlier revealed a problem with the power supply and a standby generator was being installed. Good, I wish to transit tomorrow!!

Thatís correct, itís operational again now. They did move fast after all, but not because they were anxious to please the likes of us, Iím sure!

Came through the bridge today, intending to transit at 1210hrs but due the the repairs being made by the contractors on site we had to wait until two commercial vessels were ready to transit outward bound. This occurred at 1440 hrs. Just caught my tide to Ironwharf. Worth checking the commercial vessel transit times. Looked to be a very large generator on the bridge and many workers.

Any further news? We are hoping to move our new boat from Conyer Harbour/Swale Marina to her mooring on the Medway during the second week of December. Who should I contact to find out more? Is it Network Rail? Otherwise the long way round I assume

No further formal info, so you can assume itís working as described above.
    Call Medway VTS to check if you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantata View Post
    No further formal info, so you can assume it’s working as described above.
    Call Medway VTS to check if you want to.
    Thank you Cantata. We had our Sea Trial today and will definitely be moving her from her present home to MYC during the second week of December; just waiting for the surveyor to visit her now, the Marina can't lift out and hold until then.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast