Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sail on the Medway, Kent from Chatham Maritime Marina

Default Re: Eberspacher problem

The Eberspacher guide on the Le Tonkinoise web site is very useful to solve problems in a clear and orderly way.

https://www.letonkinoisvarnish.co.uk...r_intro_1.html
    If my foresight was as good as my hindsight, I would be a multi-millionaire.

I had a similar problem with my Eberspacher. I ended up buying a new one

Found the reset button. This allowed me to try starting up the heater again, which got as far as pumping fuel for a couple of minutes, then cut out as before.

I've more or less run out of time to carry on looking at it now, so next stop is to spend a hundred quid on a Chinaspacher and fit it when I next visit the boat, which will probably be in the new year.

I already have a Chinaspacher in my other boat and am very happy with it- subject to replacing the ancilliaries with marine grade components of course.
    Moody 39- Deb 33- Wayfarer- Wanderer

Good you found the reset button. You may have some dirt in the fuel line / pump which replacing the heater won't fix. I'd have a go at pressing the reset button again and see if it will re-fire. These are very simple units and not a lot can actually go wrong with them. Altho' the Le Tonkinoise website seems like an unlikely source it is very useful and informative.

If as you allude to you are in Stornoway, I suggest speaking to the guys in the Fisherman’s CoOp or at the harbour office for advice on who might be able to help. I have no idea if there is an Eber engineer on the island, but Scott’s Garage do a lot of the lorry maintenance in Stornoway so might be able to help? I have no connection with any of those companies.

Quote Originally Posted by boomerangben View Post
    If as you allude to you are in Stornoway, I suggest speaking to the guys in the Fisherman’s CoOp or at the harbour office for advice on who might be able to help. I have no idea if there is an Eber engineer on the island, but Scott’s Garage do a lot of the lorry maintenance in Stornoway so might be able to help? I have no connection with any of those companies.
    Or you could try Macmillan Engineering at Goat Island 01851 704411.

Quote Originally Posted by pcatterall View Post
    Yes to the above, lets find out which model.
    Clutching at straws, what is the thermostat? if it is a (rare) failure there then it can be simply bypassed.
    As I have a similar fault can you be more specific regarding overriding the controller. How precisely? ps mine is a D4 with simple on off switch with a rotary temperature rheostat below,

Thanks for the suggestions. The boat is in Stornoway, unfortunately I no longer am, and will likely not visit again until the new year.
    I already have a Chinese heater in my other boat, and I will probably just unbolt that and take it with me to ensure that I can get something up and running for my next visit.
    Moody 39- Deb 33- Wayfarer- Wanderer

Quote Originally Posted by Kelpie View Post
    Heater was running fine all through yesterday. Turned the thermostat down in the evening and it seemed to just cut out, which I thought was a bit odd as normally it would go through a much longer cool down cycle. Anyway, switched it to 'off' and went to bed.

This morning, heater will start blowing for about two seconds and then stops. Doesn't run long enough to start the fuel pump clicking (normally that would take longer to kick in anyway). Runs fine, but cold obviously, in vent mode.

It's an antiquated model of Eber with no diagnostics, and the only controls are the three way heat/vent /off plus the thermostat. Fuel level is fine, tests conducted with engine running and plenty of volts.

Any thoughts?

Yours, Frozen of Stornoway.
    Has it blown one of the two fuses?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12