Default Replacing anchor roller bracket

hopefully fellow members can help.
    Looking to have some work done on my anchor roller bracket. Beneteau. Appears to be held on the bow by 8 hex head bolts set into the fitting.
    Questions:
    I assume the through bolts screw into a in built base plate within the hull as opposed to some unable to get to Nut??

Fitting is also where forestay secures to. I assume I could use halyards to take temporarily replace the forestay whilst I have the fitting removed? Thinking just secure them to toe rail or the forward pulpit? (obviously yacht would not be used while in this state.

When refitting I assume it will need some sort of sealant underneath to make things fully water tight?

Comments/Experiences welcome

Default Re: Replacing anchor roller bracket

Hard to tell without a model number, or photos!

FWIW, I had some work done to my jeanneau bow roller last year. It was relatively easy to remove, with access to the nuts securing it from inside the anchor locker. It was also bolted to the main fore stay stem fitting but this was also easy enough to remove.

Beneteau 331

I have a a B331. The bow roller is incorporated into the alloy fitting that also holds the forestay. I believe it is through bolted with nuts and penny washers accessible in the chain locker. BTW, my original anchor roller has been removed from the fitting and a stainless hinged unit mounted on top. I do not think the original fitting needed to be removed when this was done.

Quote Originally Posted by bottomlesspit View Post
    hopefully fellow members can help.
    Looking to have some work done on my anchor roller bracket. Beneteau. Appears to be held on the bow by 8 hex head bolts set into the fitting.
    Questions:
    I assume the through bolts screw into a in built base plate within the hull as opposed to some unable to get to Nut??

Fitting is also where forestay secures to. I assume I could use halyards to take temporarily replace the forestay whilst I have the fitting removed? Thinking just secure them to toe rail or the forward pulpit? (obviously yacht would not be used while in this state.

When refitting I assume it will need some sort of sealant underneath to make things fully water tight?

Comments/Experiences welcome
    Both mine had the nuts accessible inside the chain locker, so also being sealed not really an issue.

Hi, Any chance of a picture, certainly sounds an easier option?

I do not have a good picture of the bow roller from the deck, this is the best I can do for now:

IMG_20160618_150819183.jpg

I think the unit is this one (or very similar) : https://www.force4.co.uk/force-4-s-s...EaAvzgEALw_wcB

It is just bolted right through the existing bow unit. The previous owner had the 16kg Brittany anchor pictured, I now use a 16kg Delta.

In reality the unit is probably a bit undersized for 16kg and the hinged part has slightly bent at the end. A larger unit, however, would probably not fit and this unit works well enough with a self stowing action.

I will get some better photos next time I am aboard.