Default D4 260 EVC D no fuel info...

Hello to all,
    I just bought a Leader 10 2012 with two D4 260 EVC-D and it has all the extras but does not show fuel consumption...
    I searched the forum and in a thread it says evc might be missing, but i see the stickers on the engines....
    Any clues?
    Thank you!

Default Re: D4 260 EVC D no fuel info...

I wouldn’t beat yourself up over knowing the exact fuel burn at a particular moment in time while cruising.
    Just find the generic VP fuel burn chart or magazine test report for the boat and go from there.
    Try a just cruise on the plane below wide open throttle or WOT rpm .
    Fuel burn increases dramatically at the last 10 % of rpm so stay well out of there.
    Cruise at 3200 to 3300 rpm max .
    Duoprops are acutely sensitive to fouling .If they are not immaculately clean then those VP graphs and magazine boat test numbers go out of the window .

Long term ownership costs with that boat will be skewed by the engine and outdrive maintenance and repairs to make any perceived fuel consumption savings by moving the throttles up or down a few rpm insignificant. You are chasing shadows .

Quote Originally Posted by wawando View Post
    Hello to all,
    I just bought a Leader 10 2012 with two D4 260 EVC-D and it has all the extras but does not show fuel consumption...
    I searched the forum and in a thread it says evc might be missing, but i see the stickers on the engines....
    Any clues?
    Thank you!
    Fuel consumption is not usually standard. EVC is the whole system - Electronic Vessel Control so that wont be missing or the engine would not work.

Fuel consumption may require a software update or an interface box. You will also need somewhere to display it - which is usually on the chart plotter.

Thank you guys, great feedback. Fuel consumptions curiosity is normal. But as Portofino mentioned, just skip that part and pay the bill

Quote Originally Posted by jrudge View Post
    Fuel consumption may require a software update or an interface box. You will also need somewhere to display it - which is usually on the chart plotter.
    Afaik, in the standard VP tachos there is a small LCD display which, among other stuff, can also show the instantaneous fuel burn.
    Otoh, yes, that might require a SW "update", which is just the removal of a sort of software lock specifically meant to charge some extra money.
    In sharp contrast with all other engine brands (at least to my knowledge), whose displays include fuel burn as standard.

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    Afaik, in the standard VP tachos there is a small LCD display which, among other stuff, can also show the instantaneous fuel burn.
    Otoh, yes, that might require a SW "update", which is just the removal of a sort of software lock specifically meant to charge some extra money.
    In sharp contrast with all other engine brands (at least to my knowledge), whose displays include fuel burn as standard.
    That display is so small and difficult to see in bright sunlight, the optional costly extra of fuel consumption display is not worth having, written as an EVC-C owner !

Thank you, got it, no update

Just to close this thread, with the super help of andyroonot, it seems my boat has the software configured but only not displaying so tomorrow i will follow the precious instructions andy gave me that i am sharing as they might be usefull to other users:
    I’m going to assume you have 2 x small rectangular displays, one for each engine, with four buttons along the bottom of each? YES
    If so:
    - both ignitions on
    - scroll all the way to the right using the right hand arrow until ‘Settings’ is shown
    - click OK to enter the settings menu
    - ‘My View’ should now be shown-click OK to enter this menu
    - all available engine data/parameters are now listed, inc. the fuel data
    - use the arrow buttons to scroll through this list, left for up/right for down
    - you’ll notice that some have an empty square outline next to them and some have a solid square or possibly a tick in the box; the solid/ticked boxes mean the parameter will be switched on in the display, empty box means it won’t be shown
    - scroll through until you find the ‘fuel rate’, ‘average fuel economy’, etc. (there are a number of these, all one after the other) and turn them on by pressing the OK box against each one
    - once you have all parameters that you want to view switched on, press the back arrow once to get back to the ‘my view’ header and once more to get to the ‘settings’ header
    - once at Settings, press the left hand arrow to start scrolling back through the newly turned on parameters, and you should now have the fuel data shown ��

Hi,
    The instructions Andy gave where spot-on! Here it is:
    fuel_rate.jpg

In fact so much info... for example oil pressure, is this 5% difference normal? Maybe one of them in charging the batteries... i just looked at while i did the settings... will pay attention, but is it normal?
    oil_pressure.jpg

Also did a ride with the previous owner (tomorrow it will be mine officially) and temp rose up to 85deg and stood there so it seems exchangers are ok...
    The guy really known how to park a boat with two engines (he had a 22m boat a few years ago). Great lesson, at the end of the afternoon i could park it with my hand in the pocked and not using the steering wheel just like he taught me. Joystick is definitely a plus for miss calculations!
    Next, take it to my marine and it seems it has auto-trim and it can be tuned. Lets see!