Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: UK Tides Times

Default UK Tides Times

We have recently returned from 3 years cruising in Australia. Over there, tide tables for the current and next year, together with the various curves & information are published by each state government for all the standard ports and are freely available on the Web. Is there a similar resource in the UK? The on-line, free sources seem to be only for the next 7 days. Navionics, Predictwind and suchlike also have short periods.

Just to add, we do have the usual pilot guides with this information, but we travel a lot and occasionally find ourself wondering what the tide will be in some obscure location some weeks or months in the future as part of our planning. We don't really want to add Reeds to our "travelling light on the bikes" packing!

Second Coast, Ross-shire, overlooking Gruinard Bay.

Default Re: UK Tides Times

I have oft wondered this very question myself.
    I look forward to replies and further information.
    Thank you Bristolfashion
    Kay Sarah Sarah
    57°51.42' N 5°29.44' W

The solution these days is an App on your phone.
    For example Absolute Tides, which uses UKHO data. Not entirely free but think was about £3 for a year’s data for the entire U.K. this is great for a tabular view.
    I also have U.K. Tides on my phone. Not sure why I ended up with both but tend to use this for the short term view.
    I don’t bother to buy an Almanac any more.

Winter in Falmouth, summer on board Rampage.

I use an app on the phone, UK Tides, few quid to download and it gives tides for a range of ports round the coast. No internet connection needed as the data lives on the phone. You can look ahead for up to a year in advance and I’ve found it to be reasonably accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolfashion View Post
    We have recently returned from 3 years cruising in Australia. Over there, tide tables for the current and next year, together with the various curves & information are published by each state government for all the standard ports and are freely available on the Web. Is there a similar resource in the UK? The on-line, free sources seem to be only for the next 7 days. Navionics, Predictwind and suchlike also have short periods.

Just to add, we do have the usual pilot guides with this information, but we travel a lot and occasionally find ourself wondering what the tide will be in some obscure location some weeks or months in the future as part of our planning. We don't really want to add Reeds to our "travelling light on the bikes" packing!
    This will give approximate (i.e. not based on UKHO data) tidal times and heights for most locations.
    https://tides.mobilegeographics.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolfashion View Post

28 day tides: https://www.ntslf.org/tides/predictions

12 months + : https://tides4fishing.com/uk/england

Tide 7 works very well for me. Cost a couple of quid but I can access info for any port in the UK or Holland all the way round to Monaco! Yo get 7 days at a time so not perfect for planning too far ahead but still good.
    Be nice.

Navionics have all for coming years in the app, choose the port click on the tide gauge symbol and select the date range you want and it will show all you need

I just download the Dover Marina tide tables and work from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    I just download the Dover Marina tide tables and work from there.
    but I have found that they are a bit slow to update the guide from previous year to current year.
    In general Marina guides are a good source for annual tide data.
    MontyMariner.co.uk
    Facilitated by AWESEM WP Agency

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast