Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Default Re: If you are fed up with La Vagabonde....

Quote Originally Posted by cherod View Post
    Kitty wake we’re at their best when going down from England throo France and Spain etc ,visiting lots of ports on their way giving some very good information , still not bad for those of us interested in the med
    I know what you mean, things went a bit flat after they arrived in the Med. I think they discovered the limited distance covering legs of their first boat a Heavenly Twins 26ft cat in Med weather patterns, coupled with their very low monthly budget which meant they we reluctant to burn fuel. Their pace has picked up this season in their newly restored classic 38 footer.

All the sailing blogs have a special feeling in the first few episodes where viewers can share the sense of departure excitement mixed with anxiety often involving a first Biscay crossing. The downside of the initial videos is many crews are learning the basics of video and particularly sound recording.

Agree Kittiwake started very strongly. Like a few other channels, their adventures in the Med are serving as more fuel for my prejudice that the Med is a black hole where people get sucked in and never escape. I think we are quite likely to keep going south when we reach the Algarve...
    Moody 39- Deb 33- Wayfarer- Wanderer

I don’t know , right now I would be quite happy to be in that black hole , and hopefully it won’t be too long before I am ,,, ok then it might be different , but to be fair to kittywake they do give a fairly good impression of what it is like ( I hope ) and lots of information about free anchorages etc

Quote Originally Posted by Kelpie View Post
    Agree Kittiwake started very strongly. Like a few other channels, their adventures in the Med are serving as more fuel for my prejudice that the Med is a black hole where people get sucked in and never escape. I think we are quite likely to keep going south when we reach the Algarve...
    I think the algarve could be a place to hang around for a while , Alvor used to be great but maybe too busy now. , and up the Guadiara for a while , gotta be warmer than Scotland !!!

Quote Originally Posted by doug748 View Post
    To be fair, the Kittiwake team have sailed from the UK to the Med, anyone can suggest how to prepare for the World, the interesting stuff is served up after you have done it.

Your second paragraph reads like another troll - to add to several others in this thread. ;-)
    Ok, I haven't followed them, and thought they had gone across the atlantic or something, so fair enough.

Busted on the second para though

Bora Bora covered the Western Med quite well before they headed transatlantic.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY8...KUA_Djg/videos

Cockney skipper in Greece mentioned this, he got 'trapped' himself intending to sail the world. Along with other things about people coming out in their retirement and ending up dead or divorced after 5 years because the booze and sunshine 'pickles their f*cking heads'.
    Last edited by ryanroberts; 28-11-19 at 18:49.

Quote Originally Posted by cherod View Post
    Kitty wake we’re at their best when going down from England throo France and Spain etc ,visiting lots of ports on their way giving some very good information , still not bad for those of us interested in the med

The one I remember most was this:

The yacht, a pretty new 40 footer, was lost and I think the lifeboatman injured, lost a foot.

Not everyone needs to be inspired from Youtube to go sailing.

I got most of my inspiration from books and mentally created my own reality of what it would be like.

Youtube is not for everyone. It tells you exactly what is happening which subconsciously sets
    bars s that probably shouldn't be there.

To some, Youtube is all tits and shiny multihulls extolling the rule that you have to remain in touch with all the forms of the media skipping from the internet to sat phones to facebook or whatever in a continual trance with never doing a Moitessier .

Youtube is just too egotistical for me and there are probably hundreds out there doing their own thing quietly and in their own way. Probably half skint in MAB boats but you won't find them on Youtube but still manage to sleep soundly .

Youtube maybe the answer for the generation who were born with mobile phones attached to their heads but it's definitely not for all.

So , up yours
    Last edited by LONG_KEELER; 28-11-19 at 20:21.
    It is never too late to have a happy childhood. Buy a boat.

thats true as well

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast