Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Sunseeker have a Black Friday sale !

Quote Originally Posted by jrudge View Post
    I am not sure how your link connects to the Sunseeker Black Friday sale which are all ( well they say they are) ex demo and hence I assume 2019 boats.

As others have said that boat seems "used"
    Agreed. Ex demonstrator means used and I assume the discounts are shown against brand new prices which makes this particular Black Friday sale a bit of a, shall we say, misrepresentation. If you bought an ex demo car from a car dealer you'd expect 20-25% off list price at least

Quote Originally Posted by jrudge View Post
    Pete

I am not sure how your link connects to the Sunseeker Black Friday sale which are all ( well they say they are) ex demo and hence I assume 2019 boats.

As others have said that boat seems "used"
    I hadn't realised that the Black Friday sale was for ex demo's (the writing is minute on my phone). I had assumed they were boats that were built with no customer (like the 116 I linked to) that were being sold at a knock down price.

When I described the 116 as brand new, I put 'brand new' in quotes as that is how it is being marketed. I totally agree it's stretching it a little as it's got to be 18 months old now and has 250 hours on the engines. But it's never been used by the current owner (state room beds have never been slept in) who bought it from S/S purely to sell on, presumably for a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    I hadn't realised that the Black Friday sale was for ex demo's (the writing is minute on my phone). I had assumed they were boats that were built with no customer (like the 116 I linked to) that were being sold at a knock down price.

When I described the 116 as brand new, I put 'brand new' in quotes as that is how it is being marketed. I totally agree it's stretching it a little as it's got to be 18 months old now and has 250 hours on the engines. But it's never been used by the current owner (state room beds have never been slept in) who bought it from S/S purely to sell on, presumably for a profit.
    Not sure even dealers have the art of consistently making profits on new boats!

I will also wager that the boats will still be the same price post Black Friday!

Eye watering amount of new stock but may have been actually ordered at 2018 price list.
    As demonstrators probably have advantage of a few bugs iron out.
    Good luck to them

Quote Originally Posted by burgundyben View Post
    Maybe it never sold cos its a horrendously naff pile of crap?
    Indeed - and it's worse in the flesh!

I must say, I've never been a fan of the current Sunseeker angular / aggressive styling.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
    Sounds like a cancelled order to me, potential owner pays a deposit which is non refundable, circumstances change and they can't afford to pay the balance so Sunseeker use it for many uses such as shows, they get a broker to offload it cheaply while they still have the deposit, so they don't really lose anything financially.
    A cancelled order that Sunseeker then shipped to a marina where they don't have a sales outlet, put 200 hours on, put a name on it, and also listed for sale with a non Sunseeker broker who describes it as having a 'current owner'? Seems a little unlikely...
    Ari

---------------------------------

If a man speaks in a forest, and there is no woman to hear him, is he still wrong..?

Indeed - and it's worse in the flesh!
    Geez, is it, really? Now, that's beyond belief!

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    Geez, is it, really? Now, that's beyond belief!
    For people who where trainers

I must say, I've never been a fan of the current Sunseeker angular / aggressive styling.
    And the build quality and finish of the latest Manhattans isnt exactly top notch either. Agree that the styling is very in yer face and is going to date quickly which I guess is good for turnover of boats

Quote Originally Posted by mikef View Post
    And the build quality and finish of the latest Manhattans isnt exactly top notch either. Agree that the styling is very in yer face and is going to date quickly which I guess is good for turnover of boats
    Give me a Ferretti or SL any day.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast