Default Ok so itís gonna be best to call it a motorboat

... even tho it has a mast and laundry. Itís still got two engines so if the mast comes down, (probably quite soon at this rate) it will be a mobo without the emergency ďsailingĒ equipment. And cruise liners go sailing dont they hm? which also metaphorically muddies the water twixt raggie and stinkpot too, see?

I also confirmed I am motorboaty when a crew asked Wottleit Do Matt? With the motors I mean, Matt? A true sailing type would have tsk, just toldem and done some irksome sail trimming, tsk dear oh dear. That stuff, you know. Then when they scoff some more you ask if there are special RNLI Sailing-Only Lifeboats for those who Love Sailing and Hate The Stinkpots, hm? Quite amusing, although only to be used if you are ok Never being invited on their boat again. Same if the raggie invites you to ďtake the helmĒ to ďsee how offshore sailors do itĒ and I immediately pressed the Auto button. Outrage! Another red rag for raggies, sorry.

But I can could tell I was mobo type partly due to only having the foresail our cos couldnít be arsed to put up the mainsail yet, see?

Also, flashing up both motors, reeling in the useless sail and giving it a double dose of 3400rpm with ďletís try it and see!Ē is another telltale sign of a true moboer, which I did, and it got up to 10knots. 10 knots! It might have done more but only a knot and 3400 quite screamy.

Double digits on motors is unofficially mobo territory I bet?? Although the sail stuff managed to 13kts.

I havenít yet tried it full bore AND full sail but I am bound to try that like that time with 5m following sea gave it some stick on motors to reduce the apparent wind and avoid damaging the sail, see? Although yeah it was hitting 21kts SOG so fair enough one or two crew went batshit for a while, before getting the hang of it, erk...

Default Re: Ok so itís gonna be best to call it a motorboat

If you ever leave Trinidad we'll give you a home in North Wales

Welcome Back!

+1
    Pics!?

Acksherly as any fule know, port hull is a raggie stick thing and stbd hull is a stinky mobo.

This means when mooring port side to, faded pink trousers and shouting at the deaf crew, stbd side to, scruffy 1970's Sowester with no warps or fenders ready.

Has it got an ironing board? And bits of copper falling off the hull? Only that makes it a motorboat

I have a friend with a Lagoon 42 that has dreams every night that the mast has fallen off
    Always, 3500rpm, top speed so far, 15 knots with tail waves... he considered chip-tuning but definitely almost exchanging it for a mast-less version... his problem is to find a replacement with the same space he has... unbeatable...
    Last edited by wawando; 30-11-19 at 20:08.