Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Sealine S24 Kad32 DPE Outdrive - Geeting Antifreeze into seawater System

Quote Originally Posted by Bigplumbs View Post
    Is this intake location on the outside of the boat because if it is on the inside I wont be getting to that very easily
    I do it from the inside direct to the raw water pump intake. The bucket doest have to be at engine level. You can have it in the cockpit.

Default Re: Sealine S24 Kad32 DPE Outdrive - Geeting Antifreeze into seawater System

Quote Originally Posted by FlowerPower View Post
    With my KAD32 I made a “hose thing” from a section of large hose that connected to the base of the raw water pump, that then went to an adaptor and a regular sized hose that went into a bucket of antifeeeze.

Start the engine for 30 seconds, gurgle gurgle, and the raw water side is full of antifreeze.
    Where did you stand the Bucket of water because I have very little space in the engine bay of the Sealine S24. Or did you use a long hose and stand it on say the swim platform

Dennis
    Only ever look down on a person when you are bending over to help them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigplumbs View Post
    Is this intake location on the outside of the boat because if it is on the inside I wont be getting to that very easily
    Trim up the drive and itís the small middle pipe. One jubilee and pull it off

BFA37694-2A79-4537-8E25-33E7C5501B00.png

Bruce you may have missed one of my questions as the thread moved on somewhat.

So that I can make up a pipe prior to going to the boat (It is some way from me) do you know what the dia of the inlet pipe at the water pump would be ?. Searching the net cant seem to find this out

Thanks

Read your manual.

Drain down pipe from oil cooler cable tied to coolant drain under super charger.
    Drain plug in bottom of intercooler .
    Release lower hose on heat exchanger end cap.
    Job done .

Quote Originally Posted by volvopaul View Post
    Read your manual.

Drain down pipe from oil cooler cable tied to coolant drain under super charger.
    Drain plug in bottom of intercooler .
    Release lower hose on heat exchanger end cap.
    Job done .
    Firstly you assume that everyone will have a manual and know the names of the parts you mention. I have one and it did not say that. You seem to have described either the method to drain your coolant from the fresh water side or indeed draining down the model with reverse gear which is how I am reading it.

The pages I attach below would seem to be the one that confuses many. I don't see how your method will add the antifreeze or indeed answer the question I asked.

So on the manual front I think could do a lot better might be a fair description and on the volvo front why not have a system that uses muffs like so many others

Did you read my question

Last edited by Bigplumbs; 01-12-19 at 21:35.

Rather than all that taking off pipes, draining down and pissing water all over the engine. I think I will go with the method Bruce described.

All I need to know is the internal diameter of the pipe that connects to the inlet side of the water pump.... Is it 19 mm inside dia

God help anyone who has a KAD 32 in a boat or rib they trailer and who wants to quickly flush it out after each use.

Seems like the muffs option is not an option on a volvo

If the boats on a trailer just place a suitable container full of the liquid of your choice under the leg covering the inlet grills .
    Start up and let it tick over for a bit until ( if different colour - ie green AF ? ) itís all circulated through.
    If poss a big enough container to submerge the exhaust in the interest of neighbourly behaviour.
    No need to touch a jubilee clip .
    This is what I see at dry stack operations.

VP is correct. You can drain all raw water. Air doesnt freeze. Cant beat that.
    It is still my method as far as dumping everything after flushing. In the past Ive been reluctant to drain CAC though for good reason ( the drain screw is Damocles sword) as it was corroded badly, well I have no options now it broke off today. That and I always worry there are some fluids in the system regardless. In my mind flushing stops any salt deposits forming after draining so may as well do it with antifreeze in it. The manual for mine doesnt mention flushing at all. Just where to drain from.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast