Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Sealine S24 Kad32 DPE Outdrive - Geeting Antifreeze into seawater System

Above is reply to Big pumps post at 21.15

Default Re: Sealine S24 Kad32 DPE Outdrive - Geeting Antifreeze into seawater System

Quote Originally Posted by Bigplumbs View Post
    Bruce you may have missed one of my questions as the thread moved on somewhat.

So that I can make up a pipe prior to going to the boat (It is some way from me) do you know what the dia of the inlet pipe at the water pump would be ?. Searching the net cant seem to find this out

Thanks
    I honestly cant remember. It was several years ago I bought the hose for it. I'm sure it's 25mm but dont curse me if I'm wrong and you dont have corroboration.

God help anyone who has a KAD 32 in a boat or rib they trailer and who wants to quickly flush it out after each use.

Seems like the muffs option is not an option on a volvo
    I've used Muffs on my dpe drive without any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Scubadoo View Post
    I've used Muffs on my dpe drive without any issues.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Portofino View Post
    If the boats on a trailer just place a suitable container full of the liquid of your choice under the leg covering the inlet grills .
    Start up and let it tick over for a bit until ( if different colour - ie green AF ? ) itís all circulated through.
    If poss a big enough container to submerge the exhaust in the interest of neighbourly behaviour.
    No need to touch a jubilee clip .
    This is what I see at dry stack operations.
    You would need a big container to cover a DP Drive and you would use a heck of a lot of Antifreeze me thinks
    Only ever look down on a person when you are bending over to help them up.

Quote Originally Posted by stelican View Post
    +1
    That is interesting. I have ordered a pair with straight edges and a flexible inlet to see if I can get them on the drive as I would prefer this method
    Only ever look down on a person when you are bending over to help them up.

Look up under the the casing below the water in take grills and you will see another small inlet that needs closing prior to start up otherwise this will draw air and no suction

That is interesting. I have ordered a pair with straight edges and a flexible inlet to see if I can get them on the drive as I would prefer this method
    I did the same but they simply wouldn’t work - just couldn’t get the engine to pull the anti-freeze through so ended up using the pipe to the intake on the raw water pump and bucket method.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg2 View Post
    I did the same but they simply wouldn’t work - just couldn’t get the engine to pull the anti-freeze through so ended up using the pipe to the intake on the raw water pump and bucket method.
    i have permanently tied my muffs together on the forward edge and pull them aft with bit of temporary string, wooden bung in the bottom, takes seconds to tie it on when set up.
    add hose pressure, no problem rinsing the system at all.

putting AF in, why not just take the lid off the water strainer and poor it in direct with the KAD running ?
    only for min or so, not going to overheat, or will it all splat out ?!
    Last edited by simonfraser; 02-12-19 at 08:35.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast